New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

doctornick

As much as I loved watching the Jingle Jungle Parade during the xmas season, the park is just not good for parades. Just too hard to navigate. I can't imagine how bad it would be at night.

I have said before, but if they want to have something like a parade (I was thinking during the day like MJJ was) then the best option given the logistics of the park is to reuse the viewing area for RoL and have a water float parade or a show on the water (like Mythica).

TyTrap

There might be some sort of live entertainment in front of the ToL on Discover Island, but I have not heard of any plans for a parade.

There might also be a projection show on the ToL which may or may not be in conjunction with RoL.
When they released the initial concept art for avatar land they also added a photo of what looked like a parade at AK during the night. Maybe this has since been scrapped but it looks like it could be cool.

Cesar R M

When they released the initial concept art for avatar land they also added a photo of what looked like a parade at AK during the night. Maybe this has since been scrapped but it looks like it could be cool.
they probably do something more like a danceparty than a parade? aka floats come in, stay, show time.. show eneds.. floats leave..

TTA94

I'm starting to think they may push off opening RoL until May, after spring break, so they are not opening with such a huge demand?

Next Big Thing

shouldnt we hear something relatively soon on opening dates?
I imagine there will be a blogger get together at some point in the next month or two and they'll announce openings for at least RoL, possibly Frozen. Maybe the tiniest bit of info regarding TSL (opening year?) as well.

Next Big Thing

ROL, Tiffins restaurant and the night safaris all say Spring 2016. I imagine all these will open on the same day. I'm betting late May as that seems to be a popular timeframe for Disney to open new things.
Either May or December it seems of late (and obviously RoL isn't opening in December lol).

I'd actually wager that they may try for something closer to Spring break.

jerodisney

Either May or December it seems of late (and obviously RoL isn't opening in December lol).

I'd actually wager that they may try for something closer to Spring break.

Well I can tell you park hours are already changed for April cause I'm going April 19-25 and I was able to make reservation for Tusker House at 8pm. I doubt they would had change the hours for the park if they didn't plan on having this open by then.

Next Big Thing

Well I can tell you park hours are already changed for April cause I'm going April 19-25 and I was able to make reservation for Tusker House at 8pm. I doubt they would had change the hours for the park if they didn't plan on having this open by then.
Looking at pictures, the viewing area is very close to being done. I'm not sure how close they are with the actual show, but I would think mid-April is very do-able at this point and time.

You guys also have to consider that DHS and Epcot are going to be struggling big time with capacity... they may want to get this open by March/April simply for capacity reasons and so that there's a reason to draw guests over to DAK at night.

Kman101

I'd imagine April 22 would be a nice target date. AK's anniversary and Earth Day. The date gives it enough time from now and would be after the hordes of Spring Break crowds and before the summer swarm.

Next Big Thing

I'm sure it will be soft opening late March, early April or do they not do that for nighttime spectaculars?
The last time we got a "real" nighttime spectacular (meaning not one of these seasonal shows DHS puts on) was back in the late 90's, so it's tough to tell.

@marni1971 could probably answer what they did back then for Fantasmic and RoE, but if that would still apply today is anyone's guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom