New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Flynnwriter

We all want ROL to be spectacular... but as it is now, it's just "so so. " The intent can be felt and seen, but it's lackluster and disappointing at best. Sometimes the concept art is bette the. the real thing.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I think the biggest indicator of what people think of this show is during my first (and only) viewing of this show, it was almost like people had to be told that the show was over before they started leaving the stand. The show ended, music ended, the house lights came up, and people just sorta sat there until the announcement came over the speakers about carefully walking towards the exits. No applause, no rush out as soon as it ended (both of which are common for all the other night time shows). It's like people were expecting a big dramatic conclusion that never happened.

I like the show... I like that it's so different from the other night time productions, I REALLY like the music... but I do wish there was something "more"... it's like this is more of a night time "show" than a night time "spectacular". It's enjoyable, but in it's current form, I just don't see it captivating guests enough for it to stick around for long periods (like Wishes, ROE, or Fantasmic).

prfctlyximprct

6330C14F-14E7-40D1-887C-8ABF55DDBFCD_zpscfl7tv7v.jpg

Who's watching the live steam?!?! This girl!!!

VeroniqueB

I'm sure that in this 522 pages of commentary this opinion has been voiced but still:

Our family of four really enjoyed it. My wife thought it was the best of the Disney shows (though she's not a pixie duster and only makes a portion of our trips); our 8yo boy liked it (he still likes Illuminations - and how HEA better) and our 12 yo girl thought it was also the best Disney show she's seen until she say Happily Ever After the next night.

Personally, I think it can be improved but I'd prefer it not have an IP overhaul. Just a little more aural drama would be my taste. FWIW

We just saw it last week and we loved it! We hated the heat and the terrible seating (couldn't see half the show) but it felt really poetic and beautiful. My husband, me and my 7 yo son loved it, but we usually enjoy art.

I think the biggest indicator of what people think of this show is during my first (and only) viewing of this show, it was almost like people had to be told that the show was over before they started leaving the stand. The show ended, music ended, the house lights came up, and people just sorta sat there until the announcement came over the speakers about carefully walking towards the exits. No applause, no rush out as soon as it ended (both of which are common for all the other night time shows). It's like people were expecting a big dramatic conclusion that never happened.

There were a lot of applause and rush out at our viewing last week viewing.

peter11435

We just saw it last week and we loved it! We hated the heat and the terrible seating (couldn't see half the show) but it felt really poetic and beautiful. My husband, me and my 7 yo son loved it, but we usually enjoy art.

There were a lot of applause and rush out at our viewing last week viewing.
Where were you seated?

prfctlyximprct

And?? What did you think?

I'm not gonna lie, I've seen it before :p

BUT I LOVED IT.

The message is so simple, yet so beautiful. We are one. The planet is not ours alone. We must open our eyes and see the light, see the beauty of nature, and the plight of our animal species, and realize we are all interconnected on this earth. I think the show inspires, and is the perfect ending to an Animal Kingdom day.

Kman101

I'm not gonna lie, I've seen it before :p

BUT I LOVED IT.

The message is so simple, yet so beautiful. We are one. The planet is not ours alone. We must open our eyes and see the light, see the beauty of nature, and the plight of our animal species, and realize we are all interconnected on this earth. I think the show inspires, and is the perfect ending to an Animal Kingdom day.

I thought you might have seen it before but I wasn't sure lol. I agree with you on the show and that it's perfect for AK.

cjkeating

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/ According to this it appears ROL will be daily nov-dec as well now, I believe they cut Hollywood studios hours to 8 pm nov-dec too?

Looking at my plans for my late November/early December trip DHS was always 2000 close.

Great news that ROL is now daily for the rest of the year, I think this may surprise some naysayers who believed it didn't have the popularity to sustain daily shows in the off season.

Sunset7132

Looking at my plans for my late November/early December trip DHS was always 2000 close.

Great news that ROL is now daily for the rest of the year, I think this may surprise some naysayers who believed it didn't have the popularity to sustain daily shows in the off season.
I saw a Disney calendar on MDE for December and ROL wasn't daily , last week we had to change our itinerary all around to switch our AK DAY . If they changed it again I'm going to be mad I had to go through all that , It will
Be a pain in the butt to change it all
Back. I liked
Our original day better , theybdgould
Not wait so long with
This. It's the only thing left to book

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom