New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Sunset7132

I hope they arent doing that. I dont mind waiting but this is the 1 and only thing left, I just want to rewrite the whole finished itinerary so i can watch more you tube disney videos lol

cjkeating

At this point I'm starting to get concerned if they are ending dining packages for ROL. :(

The dining packages are basically extra money for nothing so I doubt they will stop doing them... I do wonder if they might be making an adjustment of some sort which is delaying the release.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While the version of the show in which the storytellers begin in the bleachers has been cut, I can say that the storytellers now walk through the crowds starting 15 minutes before the show with their acolytes. They have a lit lantern and the acolytes have a tall umbrella with lanterns hanging from it.

They walk up and down the stairs making grand gestures and lots of eye contact.

I think it works well to alert the crowd that those characters exist and to look form them out on the boats.

I also think the boats need to pass in front of the crowds closer and more often.

Still enjoy RoL immensely.

cjkeating

While the version of the show in which the storytellers begin in the bleachers has been cut, I can say that the storytellers now walk through the crowds starting 15 minutes before the show with their acolytes. They have a lit lantern and the acolytes have a tall umbrella with lanterns hanging from it.

I think it works well to alert the crowd that those characters exist and to look form them out on the boats.

I also think the boats need to pass in front of the crowds closer and more often.

Hopefully this will be the start of a few adjustments now that the show seems to have successfully (operationally) run through the summer to quite a demanding schedule during Pandora's first weeks.

Was the reason for the storytellers walking through the bleachers being cut at the start ever given?

FigmentJedi

Hopefully this will be the start of a few adjustments now that the show seems to have successfully (operationally) run through the summer to quite a demanding schedule during Pandora's first weeks.

Was the reason for the storytellers walking through the bleachers being cut at the start ever given?
Some people were claiming "frightened children" was a reason.

I think it's more of a consequence of the "Parade of the Animal Spirits" trims and a need to have them on the water much sooner.

Jeff456

I know that we couldn't book the dining package for our trip until about 60 days before it was very late to release, that was at the end of August. However to be honest I'm glad we were on the dining plan and didn't shell out $52 each, the food at tusker house was really disappointing and none of us thought much of ROL which was a shame.

RSoxNo1

I saw it in May and was underwhelmed. I'll see it again later this month with my wife, and then probably a 3rd time in January with the rest of my family. Without substantial changes, I would expect that to be it for me. The soundtrack is great, but the show was significantly lacking in my opinion.

Jeremy Geertsema

Do you know if there's any video of this? I'd love to see this!

Wiicked

Do you know if there's any video of this? I'd love to see this!
IMG_6004.jpg IMG_6005.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom