New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'd normally agree with you, but that doesn't explain why they are showing it daily through September but then switch to three days a week in October (and beyond), while apparently also just about to lengthen park hours almost across the board (if recent TP and UT calendar updates are to be believed) in October.

I suspect they are going to end up showing this daily through the end of the year but are being cagey about updating the schedule.

September was originally just 3 nights a week. Then they updated to daily.

Cesar R M

Just had a message from a work colleague. Normal, average tourist / Orlando fan:

"Saw it last night. Pretty uneventful. Boats were slow and boring, seen water jets before, couldn't really hear the music lyrics.
15 minutes of not a lot after an hours wait.

Won't be rushing back.

Automated boats?? All they did was drive in and go in a slow circle. Might as well be anchored off in the middle!"

"Waste of effort in my opinion.
And as for the pathetic flame effects......resembled a cigarette lighter flame "
He sure sounds like THAT guy who would ruin even a concert of U2 or Michael Jackson.

Cesar R M

Also, speaking of ROL.. @marni1971 : are they going to finally show the show with full bits and wows like they advertised from the start?
Or what are the plans? I notice some people are talking already about rumours of adding IP to "boost it".

cjkeating

Were the floating lanterns ever seen testing in public like the animal barges and lotus flowers? I've been skimming through this (500 page!) thread and I haven't come across any pictures or video of them.

EvilChameleon

I still think, despite all the reasons why they wouldn't do it, a World Of Color East show here would be great. You can't do fireworks because of the animals, so then do something that's just as explosive without the boom.

TTA94

I still think, despite all the reasons why they wouldn't do it, a World Of Color East show here would be great. You can't do fireworks because of the animals, so then do something that's just as explosive without the boom.

I believe thats what the majority thought and wanted RoL to be and it wasn't.

rreading

I'm sure that in this 522 pages of commentary this opinion has been voiced but still:

Our family of four really enjoyed it. My wife thought it was the best of the Disney shows (though she's not a pixie duster and only makes a portion of our trips); our 8yo boy liked it (he still likes Illuminations - and how HEA better) and our 12 yo girl thought it was also the best Disney show she's seen until she say Happily Ever After the next night.

Personally, I think it can be improved but I'd prefer it not have an IP overhaul. Just a little more aural drama would be my taste. FWIW

Tom Morrow

But "explosive" doesn't fit with the theme, atmosphere, and overall tone of DAK. That's why they went with a show like this, and why the Tree of Life projections are more tasteful than "hey remember this MAGICal scene from this Disney movie??" like the castle projection shows.

Sunset7132

I'm sure that in this 522 pages of commentary this opinion has been voiced but still:

Our family of four really enjoyed it. My wife thought it was the best of the Disney shows (though she's not a pixie duster and only makes a portion of our trips); our 8yo boy liked it (he still likes Illuminations - and how HEA better) and our 12 yo girl thought it was also the best Disney show she's seen until she say Happily Ever After the next night.

Personally, I think it can be improved but I'd prefer it not have an IP overhaul. Just a little more aural drama would be my taste. FWIW
What's an IP overhaul ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom