New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jrhwdw

They're the real deal. I remember reading that they used to release doves each morning in MK until the birds of prey would stop by to get a morning snack between the castle and the dove's landing spot. The everglades are not very far away, as the bird flies...
They were in every Castle Show! They were Stunning! Even in Tomorrowland when Disney Mania played at Galaxy.
Is this the same reason MGM Stopped them in BATB?

I wish they could come back in some form.

cjkeating

Anyone else really enjoying the Rivers of Light soundtrack? It fits perfectly into my walk from the train station so I've been listening to it in the evening on the way home from work.

I do have to say I can't quite work out the finale, the music seems to peak and trough a lot in the last five minutes but nevertheless it is really something great to listen to.

Kman101

Anyone else really enjoying the Rivers of Light soundtrack? It fits perfectly into my walk from the train station so I've been listening to it in the evening on the way home from work.

I do have to say I can't quite work out the finale, the music seems to peak and trough a lot in the last five minutes but nevertheless it is really something great to listen to.

I've listened to it quite a bit. More times than I can remember. I really love it.

FigmentJedi

The first half that sounds like Brother Bear is probably all the aurora-y looking stuff in the initial concept art.
Then I think the explosion at the end of that leads into the "Animal Constellations" stuff shown in this artwork, which various creator panels have explained is meant to be the finale. Probably starting off with a starscape that forms into the animals and all coming to life.
Rivers-of-Light_Full_26838.jpg

Though like I've pointed out before, if they wanted to build the show around celestial animal imagery, they really missed an opportunity to finally get a dragon in this park in a prominent role as the animal floats roughly cover 3/4ths of the Four Beasts of Chinese/Japanese astrology (which are a Tiger, a Turtle, a bird (though more of a pheasant in the myths) and a dragon). I'm hoping we at least get Draco to show up in that finale.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

The first half that sounds like Brother Bear is probably all the aurora-y looking stuff in the initial concept art.
Then I think the explosion at the end of that leads into the "Animal Constellations" stuff shown in this artwork, which various creator panels have explained is meant to be the finale. Probably starting off with a starscape that forms into the animals and all coming to life.
Rivers-of-Light_Full_26838.jpg

Though like I've pointed out before, if they wanted to build the show around celestial animal imagery, they really missed an opportunity to finally get a dragon in this park in a prominent role as the animal floats roughly cover 3/4ths of the Four Beasts of Chinese/Japanese astrology (which are a Tiger, a Turtle, a bird (though more of a pheasant in the myths) and a dragon). I'm hoping we at least get Draco to show up in that finale.

So for those that have seen the preview of this, does the finale even come close to the artwork @Tahu posted? I've heard the complaint that there is really no finale but in that photo that looks like it should be the finale of the show with all the animals escaping into the sky.

FutureWorld1982

So for those that have seen the preview of this, does the finale even come close to the artwork @Tahu posted? I've heard the complaint that there is really no finale but in that photo that looks like it should be the finale of the show with all the animals escaping into the sky.
Having attended one of the previews of Rivers of Light I can say that it looks like that, minus the fire, the birds, the clear projections, and the lanterns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom