New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

disney4life2008

Let's be honest here. This show is not going to start for the foreseeable future. I do expect they are quickly trying to fix the problems by March/April because it would be a great lead in for the opening of Avatar which has taken ages to open itself. It boggles me it took them 5 to 6 years for this to open and I would not be shocked if it gets pushed back as well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Let's be honest here. This show is not going to start for the foreseeable future. I do expect they are quickly trying to fix the problems by March/April because it would be a great lead in for the opening of Avatar which has taken ages to open itself. It boggles me it took them 5 to 6 years for this to open and I would not be shocked if it gets pushed back as well.
The technical issues are largely resolved. Time has been taken for some other changes.

Magic Feather

Once again, take with a grain of salt, and this is just the last of many timelines. soft opens throughout slow season (no pattern) with official around Spring Break.
This is the plan I last heard (posted in Nov by me), and continue to be told. Like it says, take with a grain if salt, but they definetly want this open before or with Avatar, and would prefer to have it open for the busy spring break season

Kman101

At Animal Kingdom now. The Asia side is open for guests to relax in. It's nice to at least be able to see the theater itself. Park is packed so that must be why unless it's always open for guests to walk around and sit.

Mike S

Avatar was announced way too early. I remember some here said that the announcement even surprised WDI.

ABQ

At Animal Kingdom now. The Asia side is open for guests to relax in. It's nice to at least be able to see the theater itself. Park is packed so that must be why unless it's always open for guests to walk around and sit.
Wasn't in mid December.

Kman101

Wasn't in mid December.

Must be when there's heavy crowds? I mean it's very busy. They even have 3 cast members hanging around the entrance. It was nice to have space to sit away from the crowds and enjoy the theater and sit by the water.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
My trip is scheduled end of July through early August 2017... feeling optimistic about getting to see both ROL and Pandora, which is odd because I originally thought ROL would debut almost a year before I was planning on being there ... (fingers crossed!)

JoeCamel

Must be when there's heavy crowds? I mean it's very busy. They even have 3 cast members hanging around the entrance. It was nice to have space to sit away from the crowds and enjoy the theater and sit by the water.

Could be a good indication of the likelihood of a show, if they have one coming up that night they will not be letting guests in the theater before time. They have a nasty habit of leaving trash about so they would have to clean the place before allowing the show guests in

Kman101

Wasn't meant to imply any preview going on, just enjoyed the fact that I could get into the theater, look around and take some photos. They did a really nice job and it's larger than you realize. It was nice to get away from the madness of the crowds and spread out and relax. I'm glad they had it open, and was just wondering if it's an everyday thing or just a busy day sort of thing. Sounds like the latter.

Kman101

It was open on the side by Nemo when we visited on Nov 30. In fact, stroller parking for Nemo was in the top section above the seats on that side.

I walked over by that side but couldn't really see the entrance so I can't say if it was opened on that side today or not. It's less themed for sure. I don't think it was.

Glad they open it to relieve the crowds and give everyone a place to sit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom