New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

21stamps

Thanks @wdwmagic (Steve) I'm bummed because we will be down at WDW starting Saturday and thought about hitting DAK Sunday night to see if there was going to be a soft opening. Thanks for the heads up.
We are at Poly now having a dole whip float and doing yoga ;) before heading to AK. I'm still excited to see the tree at night even without RoL.

Have a wonderful trip!! (Sorry for the off topic pic)
IMG_8077.JPG

doctornick

In the water? Do hold out. On drones? I wouldn't.

Ahhh, so the lanterns -- if they do get added -- would be floating on the water? That makes some sense since everyone is saying no drones are planned.

I guess I had Tangled on the mind because I kept wondering how they would have lanterns floating in the sky without drone. I figured maybe a Tinkerbell on a wire type effect. But now I see that it's more likely lanterns that float on the water.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ahhh, so the lanterns -- if they do get added -- would be floating on the water? That makes some sense since everyone is saying no drones are planned.

I guess I had Tangled on the mind because I kept wondering how they would have lanterns floating in the sky without drone. I figured maybe a Tinkerbell on a wire type effect. But now I see that it's more likely lanterns that float on the water.
Yes they are water based.

TabulaRasa

@wdwmagic You definitely have the inside scoop on this show! I'm glad the lanterns seem to be coming down the pipeline. Do you think it's a pretty safe bet that this is opened by the end of 2016?

Disorbust

So in May I had a trip planned but then all the uncharges happened (EMHfor 150$ etc) and really made me think twice about spending money on WDW. PLus nothing really new since our visit a year prior. Then ROL got cancelled and I thought to hell with it for the same price we could go over Xmas and stay in a moderate. Well now its Xmas and still no rol....Mabe I should just cancel until July.

Bolt

So in May I had a trip planned but then all the uncharges happened (EMHfor 150$ etc) and really made me think twice about spending money on WDW. PLus nothing really new since our visit a year prior. Then ROL got cancelled and I thought to hell with it for the same price we could go over Xmas and stay in a moderate. Well now its Xmas and still no rol....Mabe I should just cancel until July.
I really wouldn't plan my entire trip off this one show. It'll be nice but pretty sure you can still have fun on a vacation.

Cesar R M

are just losers who have nothing better to do than to criticize what is shaping up to be Disney's greatest nighttime show ever created at WDW.
jzDp0XG.gif

projecting much?

I guess you forgot what forum are you watching right now.
A place where delays and problems are criticized.
But hey! since ROL is finally going out.. let's go with "all others who complain are losers.. I say so" :hilarious:

Cesar R M

So, over a full year's delay from the original date? I think I'll love the show but this is getting comical.
They took a huge risk on the technical aspect I bet...
I wonder if it would have been easier if the big lotus was fixed hidden below the water. Or a platform similar to those of World of Color or Fantasmic.

Cesar R M

one thing i ve noticed about Jim Hill, when he reports something negative its taken as fact and gospel, he reports something positive his credibility is immediately questioned
just a thought
Probably because the bad news are getting more common and usual.
Disney shows huge thing with amazing stuff? it turns its a D ticket or lower... or a simply retheme.
Disney proclaims biggest expansion ever? net gain 0 attractions.
Still, I wonder why.. So far Avatar is looking awesome.

Cesar R M

When did Iger suddenly get standards when it comes to the theme parks?
Probably he's finally getting banged about his "legacy" in US parks (aka zero real substance?) now that Shangai is done?

Actually this is exactly the opposite of the criticism people around here usually make about "the new Disney." For years, the doom-and-gloomers have created a caricature of Bob Iger where his response to everything is "too expensive, make cuts." Now, it sounds like Mr. Iger's response to Rivers of Light is "not good enough, make it better."

"Make it better," i.e. "plus it," i.e. this was a very Walt-ish thing for Iger to say. None of that excuses the delays at the project management level, but Iger being unsatisfied and making them upgrade the show is only a good thing.

Unless he just wants to save face to his investors and wants to can the whole thing before it gets more expensive.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom