New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

1EEA9139-4F2A-4185-8A79-4A4C9ADE0ED5_zpsc7jymez3.png

cjkeating

After hearing about all the big barges colliding with each other, I'd imagine all the small lantern floats are ground up and lying at the bottom of the lake.

That would not surprise me... however they were shown in the 'sneak peak' video before the original launch so did function to some extent.

From some of the reviews of the previews it sounds like the smaller lanterns would help the pacing by starting the show off on a smaller scale before introducing the larger floats. Also, I am sure they would have returned for the finale which also sounds like it needs some extra elements.

Cesar R M

So from following Rivers of Light since it was first announced there are three things that I can see are missing...

1) Fire effect from the large lotus - I am hoping this makes it to the final show as it seems like this is the 'finale' moment
2) Lanterns - I am sure I read somewhere that there was meant to be over 100 lanterns... we have never seen these in any daylight testing however they seemed like a major part to the show so I would assume they were constructed but cut?
3) Fog effects - this seemed the most unlikely as there has never been any sign of this other than the Joe Rohde video clip from a D23 presentation

Can anyone with some inside knowledge on the show elaborate on these missing elements?

Edit - I just capped this from literally 2 seconds of footage from one of the Rivers of Light promo videos from when it was meant to launch earlier in the year showing the smaller lanterns, so they do exist and were moving on the lake...
They could simply replace the water lanterns with the addition of drones with lanterns ala the disney springs show imho..

Cesar R M

Bingo. It's not that people have become that much more negative but that they are quicker to point out the negatives. I think social media does play into this. Everyone is a critic now with Twitter and even places like this forum. I also think people are interested in clicks/likes/views and negativity gets more reaction than positive reviews or statements.
Not to mention some do it just for attention and the "hipster" points.. (aka "I hated this show before it was cool" or "everyone likes it, therefore I will hate it to be THE OUTSIDER")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom