New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Next Big Thing

I think the drones at DS are a test for drones to go in all the parks in some way or another.
Well, per the FAA clearance, Disney only is allowed to fly the Drones over large bodies of water. So if they are to use drones at either MK or DHS, the only place they can be used is over Rivers of America or in Fantasmic, respectively. I can see Fantasmic maybe adding drones, but not RoA.

Rteetz

A lot of the same, technologically amazing, but a bit boring, and needs a better ending. Someone I know who was there tonight said on of the boats with performers on it was driven through a water screen and the performers got a little wet...

ToTBellHop

So it's ungodly to expect what was shown? Ok :rolleyes:
Especially for nighttime entertainment, I think it is reasonable to take concept art literally. They are showing you effects they intend to create. It's not like ride or land concept art which is obviously embellished. No one really expects a thick forest surrounding SWL.

If I see concept art for Wishes 2.0 and it shows fireworks, I'll expect fireworks.
A lot of the same, technologically amazing, but a bit boring, and needs a better ending. Someone I know who was there tonight said on of the boats with performers on it was driven through a water screen and the performers got a little wet...
Remember running through a sprinkler as a kid?

Sounds fun to me. Also reminds me of why I'm not sure I'll ever be able to trust automated cars.

Mike S

Especially for nighttime entertainment, I think it is reasonable to take concept art literally. They are showing you effects they intend to create. It's not like ride or land concept art which is obviously embellished. No one really expects a thick forest surrounding SWL.

If I see concept art for Wishes 2.0 and it shows fireworks, I'll expect fireworks.
Yeah, no one expects those trees. What I do expect however is this.
Star-Wars-Park-Disneyland-01-CONCEPT0516.jpg

StarWarsLand1-ConceptArt0216.jpg

8_15_WDI_002.jpg

Maybe not as tall, but otherwise very close. I also don't expect Droids and Aliens to just freely roam around. That's asking for trouble.

I won't be taking this thread further off the rails so I'll just say I'm excited for when I'll be able to see RoL.

TTA94

Saw it tonight! I really enjoyed it! There are definitely some things that could be improved on. I feel the show was a little short and the large lotus could use some more effects, But overall much better than Jungle Book and I look forward to seeing the final version when it officially opens! :)

HauntedMansionFLA

I was just on the official Disney web site looking at DAK hours next week. I found it interesting that the park is closing at 6:30 on Wednesday compared to the 7:00 closing the other six days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom