New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My original information was softs/cast in mid October with an opening by 10/31. Issues arose that pushed that back. Looks like the delay was little better than a month. Still I am not hearing an official opening is imminent just yet.

Still, with Spirits 'news' that this may be DOA and then the miss on HKDL I am beginning to wonder if his sources may be compromised. Maybe the talk of late Spring to Early Summer for Pandora that I am hearing is more in line with reality than 74's latest that Summer is too optimistic? Still, his track record is, for the most part, solid and I tend to disregard the salt when he makes a statement. I understand Serpico is an unvetted source, but that track record continues to be validated, in my opinion anyway.
What's Serpico?

jrhwdw

I'm more confused than ever!!!!!! How in WDW do we go from DOA yesterday to CM Previews in just a few days today?!?!?!

Did you just get this today Steve? We could have used this yesterday when the DOA rumor popped up!

Magic Feather

I'm sorry, but this whole thing has made me chuckle... the inaccuracy of the information presented by some people has just been laughable. I'm not saying that some people (with good intent) didn't just hear inaccurate information from reliable sources and represented that information, but the fact that just yesterday there were people claiming that the show could be completely dead or at least delayed for another 6 months or so and then today we hear that previews are starting just goes to show that you need to take information you read with a grain of salt. If nothing else, I give big props to some of the members on this site who have been saying "end of November" for quite some time now and have stuck to their statement (as it seems that will be true or pretty close!). It will certainly be relieving for this show to finally open...

...then we can finally move onto critiquing every aspect of the show (though personally, I have high hopes!)
Preach

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So either the issues were solved really quickly or they are rolling out the show without fixing the problems who knows. Either way it sounds like this show will at least start previews really soon.

Seems like a lot of conflicting information around lately relating to Disney parks. Maybe they are making a deliberate attempt at spreading bad information to weed out leaks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm more confused than ever!!!!!! How in WDW do we go from DOA yesterday to CM Previews in just a few days today?!?!?!

Did you just get this today Steve? We could have used this yesterday when the DOA rumor popped up!

Tomorrow I expect that we will hear the show was such a disaster that the entire park is being closed, followed on Friday by news that a 5th gate will open soon to feature Rivers of Light. ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And don't forget we are going to brink back AE!
;)
That wasn't really a rumor was it? I thought that was just 1 guy who suggested it.

Not to get off on a tangent, but I loved AE when it first opened. It was freightening even as an adult (at least the 1st time through). It's rare to find something that works well enough that it actually scares most adults. I don't see it coming back ever.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So either the issues were solved really quickly or they are rolling out the show without fixing the problems who knows. Either way it sounds like this show will at least start previews really soon.

Seems like a lot of conflicting information around lately relating to Disney parks. Maybe they are making a deliberate attempt at spreading bad information to weed out leaks.

I suspect WDW may be getting the 'short' show that was previewed what 2-3 months back as I suspect some park executives are in fear for their jobs if they don't have SOMETHING by the end of the year, The full show may indeed be next year sometime. Or it could be another head fake, who knows at this point. But like another poster said the Bus Drivers are a more reliable source than 'Official' Disney these days...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I suspect WDW may be getting the 'short' show that was previewed what 2-3 months back as I suspect some park executives are in fear for their jobs if they don't have SOMETHING by the end of the year, The full show may indeed be next year sometime. Or it could be another head fake, who knows at this point. But like another poster said the Bus Drivers are a more reliable source than 'Official' Disney these days...
I trust Steve as a source so if he says CM previews starting soon I believe that. Who knows what version of the show comes out. Maybe a stripped down version or maybe the full show. We will have to wait to see. I think a lot of the chatter around the show not opening until next spring was based on the fact that they aren't rolling out the ROL dining packages until May. People assumed that meant the show would be delayed until then.

KrazyKat

That wasn't really a rumor was it? I thought that was just 1 guy who suggested it.

Not to get off on a tangent, but I loved AE when it first opened. It was freightening even as an adult (at least the 1st time through). It's rare to find something that works well enough that it actually scares most adults. I don't see it coming back ever.
I agree probably not in MK, but I've always thought this would make a great attraction at DHS near Sci-Fi Dine-in.

Rteetz

I trust Steve as a source so if he says CM previews starting soon I believe that. Who knows what version of the show comes out. Maybe a stripped down version or maybe the full show. We will have to wait to see. I think a lot of the chatter around the show not opening until next spring was based on the fact that they aren't rolling out the ROL dining packages until May. People assumed that meant the show would be delayed until then.
It's on the HUB so previews definitely seem to be happening.

dreamfinder

This means absolutely nothing (especially when you consider that the lotus popcorn buckets showed up months ago) but there is a "sticker" for RoL in Photopass. And I don't recall seeing it recently.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I suspect WDW may be getting the 'short' show that was previewed what 2-3 months back as I suspect some park executives are in fear for their jobs if they don't have SOMETHING by the end of the year.

Never thought about that possibility, but that could be the case... we could be getting the nighttime entertainment equivalent of disco yeti...

alissafalco

What's Serpico?
Not sure if the OP is referring to this Serpico though?
IMG_4041.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom