New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

HauntedMansionFLA

Because of 'Cargo Cult' engineering, I'm still guessing someone thought GPS was a good idea and ran with it because it's the 'Magic Positioning System in the Sky' and all the cop shows portray GPS as being able to find a needle in an infinity of haystacks 110% of the time.

The reality of course is GPS has limitations on where it will work reliably and for an example just take a handheld unit through the 'Tree of Life' area and watch how many times it loses lock and signal.

Please google 'Cargo Cult' They sprang up in the pacific islands after the end of WW II
Im surprised that they didn't drain the area and build a railing system to take the floats around to their different positions. It seems like it would be a simple way of doing it. But now a days management wants the newest and favor of the month product to show off to the crowd. I hope everything gets reviewed and bring a top notch night time show to DAK.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I'm sorry, but this whole thing has made me chuckle... the inaccuracy of the information presented by some people has just been laughable. I'm not saying that some people (with good intent) didn't just hear inaccurate information from reliable sources and represented that information, but the fact that just yesterday there were people claiming that the show could be completely dead or at least delayed for another 6 months or so and then today we hear that previews are starting just goes to show that you need to take information you read with a grain of salt. If nothing else, I give big props to some of the members on this site who have been saying "end of November" for quite some time now and have stuck to their statement (as it seems that will be true or pretty close!). It will certainly be relieving for this show to finally open...

...then we can finally move onto critiquing every aspect of the show (though personally, I have high hopes!)

Last edited:

twebber55

I'm sorry, but this who thing has made me chuckle... the inaccuracy of the information presented by some people has just been laughable. I'm not saying that some people (with good intent) didn't just hear inaccurate information from reliable sources and represented that information, but the fact that just yesterday there were people claiming that the show could be completely dead or at least delayed for another 6 months or so and then today we hear that previews are starting just goes to show that you need to take information you read with a grain of salt. If nothing else, I give big props to some of the members on this site who have been saying "end of November" for quite some time now and have stuck to their statement (as it seems that will be true or pretty close!). It will certainly be relieving for this show to finally open...

...then we can finally move onto critiquing every aspect of the show (though personally, I have high hopes!)
im at a point where really there is no good insider information on this particular project
it opens when it opens

WildcatDen

... the inaccuracy of the information presented by some people has just been laughable.
My original information was softs/cast in mid October with an opening by 10/31. Issues arose that pushed that back. Looks like the delay was little better than a month. Still I am not hearing an official opening is imminent just yet.

Still, with Spirits 'news' that this may be DOA and then the miss on HKDL I am beginning to wonder if his sources may be compromised. Maybe the talk of late Spring to Early Summer for Pandora that I am hearing is more in line with reality than 74's latest that Summer is too optimistic? Still, his track record is, for the most part, solid and I tend to disregard the salt when he makes a statement. I understand Serpico is an unvetted source, but that track record continues to be validated, in my opinion anyway.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If nothing else, I give big props to some of the members on this site who have been saying "end of November" for quite some time now and have stuck to their statement (as it seems that will be true or pretty close!).

Has anyone actually stuck to that? Seems like everyone has basically said "welp, we dunno"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom