New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll give my opinion anyway...it is aweful. Plain and simple the worst execution of a ride I have ever seen especially considering the hype pre-opening. The damn penguins at the end are the best part of the attraction but they have nothing to do with the ride and were there all along. Epic fail.

Yup.. and for the context here.. it's all about wanting this cool technology piece... that actually adds zero value and probably sank most of the show because of the insistence of using it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I take it you don't drive boats at all...
Hint #1 - they don't have brakes
Hint #2 - there is not a direct 1:1 relation between the surface and your propulsion
Hint #3 - where the heck am I? you gotta measure everything to even know..
Hint #4 - how much does wind impact you standing up? Ever try comparing that when you are on a tube in a pool?
Hint #5 - Now rethink everything to account for what you will do when something isn't where its supposed to be

i.e. Boating 101

Perhaps take a lesson from the 'Old School' imagineers who actually did small scale 'Proof of Concepts' to ensure their ideas would actually WORK in the real world,

Blairnicol

I am there the 1st week of Dec and am crossing all of my fingers that they manage to get this thing off the ground. I'll be in AK on the 6th, so we'll see! At this rate if I see it at some point in my lifetime I'll be happy, lol.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I trust Steve as a source so if he says CM previews starting soon I believe that. Who knows what version of the show comes out. Maybe a stripped down version or maybe the full show. We will have to wait to see. I think a lot of the chatter around the show not opening until next spring was based on the fact that they aren't rolling out the ROL dining packages until May. People assumed that meant the show would be delayed until then.

I trust Steve too, As you say we will need to wait and see what is actually rolled out as a show, But at this point ANYTHING is better than nothing because AK after dark is a truly amazing place and people should experience it there are so many lighted elements which you do not see during the day.

Rsj88

Oh I can't take this! We are arriving Saturday and we will be there though the 4th!!! Although Sunday is our AK day, I am ready to rearrange our schedule for any night! I can't wait to see this! I just hope I don't have to wait another two years to see it. But with all the rumors it may not happen at all, I guess I should take what I can get. But I am still crossing all my fingures and toes!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Right, that would make no difference, but they were talking about on barge drivers.

which... as long as you didn't see them, or have the floats radically changed so their direction or art style would be impacted... would ... make.... no... difference... to the show

And if they were made that way from the start.. you'd never know the difference. Kind of like most of the parade floats.

Rodan75

And another miss from WDW1974. Literally less than 24 hours after the claim it may not beat Avatar.

Impressive turnaround

If I was @WDW1974 source(s), I would be a bit concerned that I was being kept out of the loop.

Seriously though, taking any joy in the spirit getting incorrect/ misleading information, is completely senseless. Folks who pass information along to Spirit or to @marni1971 or any of the insiders are just pieces to an overall puzzle. Even when a tidbit is multi-sourced, you can never take it as 100% until it plays out. There is no schadenfreude here.

andre85

Seriously though, taking any joy in the spirit getting incorrect/ misleading information, is completely senseless.

"Joy" is a reach. I do find it ironic though that WDW1974 is being defended in a such a way when they frequently come across as smug and condescending to others who disagree.

At any rate, WDW1974's credibility will speak for itself, but these past few days,have not been kind to their record.

UpAllNight

I feel all the info that's coming down across this and other sites is long range things if incorrect can (a lot of it legitimately no doubt) be put down to plans changing. But things move so slow with Disney it feels like a massive waste of time speculating on things when they're inevitably going to change in the huge time frame before things get moving,

We've spent a year discussing a Wreck it Ralph ride, that's apparently no longer a thing. Not that it was never a thing, but still.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I feel all the info that's coming down across this and other sites is long range things if incorrect can (a lot of it legitimately no doubt) be put down to plans changing. But things move so slow with Disney it feels like a massive waste of time speculating on things when they're inevitably going to change in the huge time frame before things get moving,

We've spent a year discussing a Wreck it Ralph ride, that's apparently no longer a thing. Not that it was never a thing, but still.
Not a waste of time...a fun conversation:). It would be boring if everyone knew everything that was going to be happening. Half the fun is speculating...digging into bits of info left out there like permits or inside info. In the end whatever happens will happen whether we talk about it or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom