New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

rushtest4echo

Heard some very disheartening news on this show tonight that I haven't had time to chase down, so I'm not stating this as fact BUT ... it appears as if RoL may be DOA. It may require a rethinking and new production in which case you may not be seeing it, or those DAK nights, for a long time.

This is unfortunate because your rumors tend to hold more water than your facts. Then again, the notion that the LPS system are to blame is simply comical from you and everyone else who knows nothing about the tech. If anyone remembers the Little Mermaid inspired precursor to Luminaria at DCA (never premiered obviously), you'll have your true answer as to why RoL is having difficulties. But please do carry on with the LPS "problems"...

Cesar R M

Given the main issue initially was the automated positioning system, are they going back to rethink the barges and add hidden drivers in each one? Or are they still against using tech staff in the show like that. Would be a shame to see this show completely scrapped but if more than half of it still won't work then back to the drawing board makes most sense.
Why the hell they didnt used laser positioning or light positioning systems in the water? (sort of a "pathway" below water)?.

GiveMeTheMusic

This is unfortunate because your rumors tend to hold more water than your facts. Then again, the notion that the LPS system are to blame is simply comical from you and everyone else who knows nothing about the tech. If anyone remembers the Little Mermaid inspired precursor to Luminaria at DCA (never premiered obviously), you'll have your true answer as to why RoL is having difficulties. But please do carry on with the LPS "problems"...

As someone with no inside knowledge of ROL or the never-seen DCA Mermaid show, I'll bite. What do they have in common?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why the hell they didnt used laser positioning or light positioning systems in the water? (sort of a "pathway" below water)?.

Because of 'Cargo Cult' engineering, I'm still guessing someone thought GPS was a good idea and ran with it because it's the 'Magic Positioning System in the Sky' and all the cop shows portray GPS as being able to find a needle in an infinity of haystacks 110% of the time.

The reality of course is GPS has limitations on where it will work reliably and for an example just take a handheld unit through the 'Tree of Life' area and watch how many times it loses lock and signal.

Please google 'Cargo Cult' They sprang up in the pacific islands after the end of WW II

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
With the amount the have invested in the infrastructure for this I can't imagine that they won't eventually open some sort of night time show.

The Animal Kingdoms Electric Jammin Jungle Parade?

Or maybe the Jungle Book barge cruise extravaganza?

How about freeze the lagoon and have Pandora on Ice?

Stitches Great Night Show?

Nighttime Cabana Rental Light show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom