New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

LukeS7

Well, actually there's no glitch, ours match. I've been checking the calendar nightly, and was assuming they hadn't changed it since last night. But I assumed wrong, and my calendar now reads the same as yours.

Which means that, while they had strived to debut RoL the week after Thanksgiving, they will not be going so. I'll keep checking the calendar every night or two for any new oddities that pop up.
*sighs* I wish they didn't match. Closing in on the 50 day mark for my trip in January and really starting to lose hope that it'll premiere by then...

21stamps

Yes, I am. I checked on desktop and now again through MDE and the latest time listed for Dec 2nd is 6:40pm. I have no times listed for the Carnivale after the 3rd. Either way, there's a glitch on one of our ends
Well, actually there's no glitch, ours do match. My bad. I've been checking the calendar nightly, and was assuming they hadn't changed it since last night. But I assumed incorrectly, and my calendar now reads the same as yours.

Which means that, while they had strived to debut RoL the week after Thanksgiving, they will not be doing so. I'll keep checking the calendar every night or two for any new oddities that pop up.
Yep, I just checked again. Showing 6:40 for me now.

No Name

That's certainly a good sign. Hahaha, get it?

Well, there seem to be conflicting clues. I think the change in the calendar still most definitely points to RoL not opening next week. However, perhaps they are pushing for December as opposed to holding off until spring break.

Or, it's always possible that the four fingers aren't talking to the thumb, and the sign people are just putting up the signs as they had planned to, not aware/ not caring that the show has been pushed back again.

No Name

Maybe they can get MIT to fix it for them. If they can do this a park show should be cake

http://senseable.mit.edu/roboat/

Well, from what I've read, they haven't gotten the boats up and running yet. But oh, just watch when these orange things are floating around Amsterdam before Disney premieres RoL...

They both use pretty much the same fundamental technology, so if one group gets it to work, the other should be able to as well. Though yes, I agree that this MIT thing looks far more difficult. And therefore, I assume they'll run into a variety of problems that will delay their project too.

prfctlyximprct

0324D6B9-E5ED-48A4-9B00-26C2803DF7F7_zpsu8eea2qm.png

Think it means anything?

Daveeeeed

Heard some very disheartening news on this show tonight that I haven't had time to chase down, so I'm not stating this as fact BUT ... it appears as if RoL may be DOA. It may require a rethinking and new production in which case you may not be seeing it, or those DAK nights, for a long time.
Holy cow why???

mikeh

Heard some very disheartening news on this show tonight that I haven't had time to chase down, so I'm not stating this as fact BUT ... it appears as if RoL may be DOA. It may require a rethinking and new production in which case you may not be seeing it, or those DAK nights, for a long time.

Saw a tweet the other day that said creative was working through SERIOUS issues. Sad, if true. Still too conceptual?

Jon81uk

Given the main issue initially was the automated positioning system, are they going back to rethink the barges and add hidden drivers in each one? Or are they still against using tech staff in the show like that. Would be a shame to see this show completely scrapped but if more than half of it still won't work then back to the drawing board makes most sense.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Wow...
This would not surprise me based on the cluster you know what of information I've heard since the beginning of this show. It's already been a disaster and if this actually comes true heads should roll and let's hope SOMETHING can actually give Disney a wake up call

Then again maybe they'll just use the water to rent out private elite tents on barges for $650.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Given the main issue initially was the automated positioning system, are they going back to rethink the barges and add hidden drivers in each one? Or are they still against using tech staff in the show like that. Would be a shame to see this show completely scrapped but if more than half of it still won't work then back to the drawing board makes most sense.

Remember the issues with the water cannons as well and it being difficult to see the projections especially if any wind was involved.

So many design failures with this it's unreal. Is this really the new Disney?

wouldn't be surprised to see them add drones to the show as flying lanterns

Last edited:

JAMMYD778

Oh dear... so it's now a 50/50 chance of it premiering at all? Even after supposed previews were successful last week? If so, wow, some catastrophic flaws in the design must be evident.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom