New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TTA94

Thanks, but I'm only going off what I last heard. Which was dependent on the outcome of the private showings, the outcome of which I don't know.

I know IP has been added since the first show version was run. And no, no Frozen.

Ugh, well hopefully the IP is not that noticeable. Can't say this is surprising.

TTA94

@marni1971 Let's say that nonsense yesterday was false or simply that dining packages won't be available until May but the show will open next month with FPs and stand by. You had said before you would be surprised if general softs were not taking place by Halloween? Still possible? Or is the dates you heard not falling into place anymore?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Let's say that nonsense yesterday was false or simply that dining packages won't be available until May but the show will open next month with FPs and stand by. You had said before you would be surprised if general softs were not taking place by Halloween? Still possible? Or is the dates you heard not falling into place anymore?
I've heard nothing more since I last posted. I'll recap: if everything goes to plan after the big bosses see and appprove the current show expect a few weeks of softs for management, CMs, Golden Oak, DVC / AP and the like, before the dedication which was planned for mid November.

I didn't say nor know anything specific about chances of general softs or FP availability, aside from they were slim as it stood at the time.

TTA94

I've heard nothing more since I last posted. I'll recap: if everything goes to plan after the big bosses see and appprove the current show expect a few weeks of softs for management, CMs, Golden Oak, DVC / AP and the like, before the dedication which was planned for mid November.

I didn't say nor know anything specific about chances of general softs or FP availability, aside from they were slim as it stood at the time.

Wish someone knew if it got okay-ed or not.

Last edited:

JAMMYD778

The thing I find most torturous is seeing a plethora of Instagram pictures of the amphitheater with the two shaman boats moored up. One day soon, I'm hoping to hear that a soft preview show has been spontaneously performed. :p

TTA94

I want softs to start but I know how mad stressful they will be getting into! Especially if it's stand by only. And Disney is notorious for doing this kind of stuff on a busy work/weekday lol.

T

They have been doing RoL trained CM shows. Like 85% done. Heard they are still working out some kinks but overall pretty good progress.

No Name

I know IP has been added since the first show version was run. And no, no Frozen.

I think my heart skipped a beat. It's hard to explain, but while I'm not an anti-IP guy when it's implemented well... it would've been nice to have a show that found its entire success on nature and people's love for animals, as opposed to any Disney movie(s).

I had the odd feeling that this would happen, but it is slightly jarring to hear confirmation.

Soarin' Over Pgh

If I miss this show by a few days, it'll be such a smack in the face. Lesson sorely learned- do not ever assume that a show supposed to be open in April will be running in November. Most importantly, don't book a vacation months after something is supposed to open with the anticipation of seeing said show.

Good to know for Star Wars 'land'-- I'll just book for 2025 just in case.

:grumpy:

TTA94

Testing just 3 days ago!

I want to see the large lotus testing at night! Though Im not sure if it still has fountains like it was originally supposed to based on the concept art with the large lotus in the center and the 4 small lotus around it. I think now the large lotus will just consist of the tower rising from the center with maybe some lighting and small fire effects.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If you go solely on what Disney has officially released, it's not confusing at all. ROL is "Coming Soon", and DPs will start in May. It's only confusing because we, along with countless other folks in other forums, are posting various and often conflicting rumors based on everything from "inside info" to conjecture, to wishful thinking. @marni1971 has one of the best "track records" that I know of, and he is still saying mid November, so until he says that there has been a change, or things become OBE, I'm going with tht...

Yeah but 'Coming Soon' in Disneyspeak means sometime in the next 18-24 Months, As in could be two days, two weeks or two years from now it's all the same...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom