New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

flyerjab

I just went on the official WDW site, did a search for Rivers of Light dining package. When I hit search it didn't take me to that page anymore. I think that the dining page is gone for the time being. There still is a Rivers of Light link with a "coming soon" attached to it.

Was this one of those fabricated errors to see what the response will be like if they debut it soon?

prfctlyximprct

So, is there a chance for this show to debut by the Christmas holidays? Or are people correct on the 2017 start (sometime) date? It's getting hard to follow what's fact or fiction :)

I think it's coming pretty soon. But that's just my gut feeling.. who am I! Will keep up the stalking until Nov 4th, then my Disney friends, you are all on your own LOL

TTA94

So, is there a chance for this show to debut by the Christmas holidays? Or are people correct on the 2017 start (sometime) date? It's getting hard to follow what's fact or fiction :)

I agree this whole thing is so confusing.

I will say though it does make sense that dining packages would not open until May. Upon opening, hopefully next month still, they will need the entire Dinoland side for stand by guests.

wdwfan22

With the Studios now debuting a new holiday show (Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM) does anyone really think they are going to open Rivers of Light during the holiday season? Something tells me they will be holding this until 2017.

Brian Swan

I agree this whole thing is so confusing.

I will say though it does make sense that dining packages would not open until May. Upon opening, hopefully next month still, they will need the entire Dinoland side for stand by guests.
If you go solely on what Disney has officially released, it's not confusing at all. ROL is "Coming Soon", and DPs will start in May. It's only confusing because we, along with countless other folks in other forums, are posting various and often conflicting rumors based on everything from "inside info" to conjecture, to wishful thinking. @marni1971 has one of the best "track records" that I know of, and he is still saying mid November, so until he says that there has been a change, or things become OBE, I'm going with tht...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 has one of the best "track records" that I know of, and he is still saying mid November, so until he says that there has been a change, or things become OBE, I'm going with tht...
Thanks, but I'm only going off what I last heard. Which was dependent on the outcome of the private showings, the outcome of which I don't know.

I know IP has been added since the first show version was run. And no, no Frozen.

Brian Swan

With the Studios now debuting a new holiday show (Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM) does anyone really think they are going to open Rivers of Light during the holiday season? Something tells me they will be holding this until 2017.
I don't really think it will have an impact. Most people are at WDW for multiple nights, so you see one show one night, the other show a different night. There are capacity concerns with ROL, and reports of a limited viewing area to really see the projections at DHS. With all of the increased crowds during the Holidays, having an "extra" PM show would not be a bad thing.

Jeremy Geertsema

Thanks, but I'm only going off what I last heard. Which was dependent on the outcome of the private showings, the outcome of which I don't know.

I know IP has been added since the first show version was run. And no, no Frozen.
Do you know if the IP is similar to what they did at the Tree of Life Awakenings? Like, minimally but still well done?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom