New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

dclfan

I know im so irritated right now! I can't even! Totally ruined my day! I hope this isn't true and Disney messed up the dates. Unfortunately that's probably not case :mad:

Same here. I've been waiting so long for this announcement and now it pretty much solidifies I won't be seeing it. When I find out I was going in May I didn't think there was any way I wouldn't get to see this the last week of October. Bah. At least I'll still be in Disney.

Greg H

It does not seem to even be coming up as an option now when you search dining in the My Disney Experience section on the website...

Greg H

It does not seem to even be coming up as an option now when you search dining in the My Disney Experience section on the website...

When you search for restaurant availability on a particular day at a particular park... Before it was coming up as an option only without any availability... Now it is completely gone.

Waters Back Side

Bummer. I will be in Disney with my family April 14th -21st. Was really looking forward to ROL and even considered a fastpass for it if no dining plan was available or we wanted to use the meal credits elsewhere.

I do not know the logic for not opening the show by or before Spring break. Especially with how delayed it has been.

I hope they push the show out sooner even if not the dining packages with it. Doesn't seem promising though based on people calling.

Last edited:

oceanbreeze77

Bummer. I will be in Disney with my family April 14th -21zst. Was really looking forward to ROL and even considered a fastpass for it of no dining plan was available or we wanted to use the meal credits elsewhere.

I do not know the logic for not opening the show by or before Spring break.

I hope they push the show out sooner even if not the dining packages with it. Doesn't seem promising though based on people calling.
You should have a pretty good chance

Rob562

My interpretation (with no insider knowledge at all):

Since they're coming up on the 180 day mark for reservations *and* they're very confident that the show will be up and running by May 1, they figure "why not at least start booking *those* dates at the 180-day mark. May 1st is a nice convenient number".

All of the insiders seem to be confident that RoL will be opening before New Years. So what Disney can then do is have the hard date of May 1 for the dining packages, and then fill in available dates backwards once they know that the show is up and running.

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Since they're coming up on the 180 day mark for reservations *and* they're very confident that the show will be up and running by May 1, they figure "why not at least start booking *those* dates at the 180-day mark. May 1st is a nice convenient number".

All of the insiders seem to be confident that RoL will be opening before New Years. So what Disney can then do is have the hard date of May 1 for the dining packages, and then fill in available dates backwards once they know that the show is up and running.

-Rob
What have we told you about you and your sane and logical ideas?;)

JohnD

-Rob

The 180 day mark is November 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom