New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jeremy Geertsema

I didn't mean to imply that they could not open the dining packages up less than 180 out, but that they should not. I wouldn't use the fiasco that was Jungle Book for reference though, that was a quick scramble hot mess to fill an unplanned space.
I don't think the dining packages for the Jungle Book show were a fiasco. When I had mine, everything, including booking, seemed to work fine.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not entirely convinced about the May 1 date, because it doesn't say "2017." I'm a little suspicious that this wasn't just leftover text from this past April's previews.

Is there anything on Disney's site that specifically uses the 2017 date?
I had the same thought, although callers in have been told the same.

oceanbreeze77

I stand with the people who say this could be dining only, its possible the phone call center misinterpreted that the SHOW would start then too. Its possible that because they delayed it so long that they WILL open sooner than that ala fastpass only, but dining packages will start in May.

Daveeeeed

I stand with the people who say this could be dining only, its possible the phone call center misinterpreted that the SHOW would start then too. Its possible that because they delayed it so long that they WILL open sooner than that ala fastpass only, but dining packages will start in May.
Insiders seem to have penned it down to Thanksgiving. Personally I am going to stick with that, and this is only for Dining as everyone will want to see ROL. I wonder if this could be a hint for Avatar though.

danv3

Could May 1 for dining suggest a November 1 opening and six months without dining packages given the capacity limitations? Between FP and dining, there will be very little availability for standby.

But then I don't really imagine they'd give up that revenue...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 What are you hearing! Please tell me we won't have to wait until May now to see RoL!!
I've not heard May mentioned. However the dates I have were dependent on the show being approved. I know there were changes, some minor some not so, though if these have happened before or have yet to do so I don't know.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom