New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Greg H

Just spoke with a CM who told me the show and dining package would be starting May 1st... Hoping someone else has info to suggest otherwise...

ABQ

Well, we're 180 days from April 11th now, so I can see why they won't begin dining packages till May 1st, that should have little impact on when the show itself premiers, just how seating is handled.

Greg H

Maybe they are just talking about the dining. Nov 1 is 6 months out. This will be pretty popular.

I hope that is the case. The CM I spoke with told me it was show as well as the dining package not starting until May 1st. I asked her if that was coming directly from Disney management and she said yes. I am hoping she was just misinformed and show will start soon...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I hope that is the case. The CM I spoke with told me it was show as well as the dining package not starting until May 1st. I asked her if that was coming directly from Disney management and she said yes. I am hoping she was just misinformed and show will start soon...

I don't think May 1 will be the official opening date. I can't see them announcing that as the official opening.

I would also be SHOCKED if this opened in 2016.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

prfctlyximprct

Well missing it by 6 months makes me feel better than missing it by a couple days. That's the only silver lining. I sent some sad faces to my new Instagram friend :(

Jeremy Geertsema

I really do believe this has nothing to do with the show and its premier, but only to do with dining packages for the show. They can't open them up less than 180 out and May 1st is just a couple weeks beyond 180. Dining and show running do not have to take place hand in hand.
I don't think it has to be at least 180 days out to create a new reservation/event. When the Jungle Book Dining Packages were released, it wasn't 180 days out.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

You have been saying it's about to open for quite a while.

I really do believe this has nothing to do with the show and its premier, but only to do with dining packages for the show. They can't open them up less than 180 out and May 1st is just a couple weeks beyond 180. Dining and show running do not have to take place hand in hand.

They can open them anytime. And have. There is a reason they are waiting.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would imagine they have built in a suitably large safety margin for this, to avoid any issues. The last thing you want with a new show with a somewhat uncertain reliability is to have dining packages booked. I am confident the show will open before May, without any dining packages.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I would imagine they have built in a suitably large safety margin for this, to avoid any issues. The last thing you want with a new show with a somewhat uncertain reliability is to have dining packages booked. I am confident the show will open before May, without any dining packages.
How confident are you that it will be open in 2016?

ABQ

I don't think it has to be at least 180 days out to create a new reservation/event. When the Jungle Book Dining Packages were released, it wasn't 180 days out.

They can technically open up reservations when ever they choose to. Dining packages for The Jungle book show and some dessert parties opened well beyond the 180 day mark.

They can open them anytime. And have. There is a reason they are waiting.
I didn't mean to imply that they could not open the dining packages up less than 180 out, but that they should not. I wouldn't use the fiasco that was Jungle Book for reference though, that was a quick scramble hot mess to fill an unplanned space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom