New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

Was reading on the DisBoards, just what I need another forum to stalk, but someone posted that they think they might hold ROL and the Star Wars fireworks til Jan because supposedly all the on property resorts are booked for the rest of 2016, they will hold everything until 2017 in order to market for the slow season of Jan and Feb.

Sorry for the run on but it kind of makes sense with how things have gone lately :(

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Was reading on the DisBoards, just what I need another forum to stalk, but someone posted that they think they might hold ROL and the Star Wars fireworks til Jan because supposedly all the on property resorts are booked for the rest of 2016, they will hold everything until 2017 in order to market for the slow season of Jan and Feb.

Isn't one of the primary reasons for ROL not only to get people into AK but to get them to stay longer thus spread out the night time crowds better and further increasing night time spending? If so, wouldn't debuting ROL while the parks are at their busiest be a better decision than further delaying it? I mean, would THAT many more guests come in Jan/Feb if you waited this long to announce it (don't most people plan their Disney vacation at least 3-4 months in advance?) and even if a bunch of guests did come, wouldn't they be mostly passholders anyways (and no offense to any passholders out there, but I would imagine the per capita spending per day for most passholders is significantly less than the per capita spending per day for most vacationers). Plus, if you were going to wait that long to debut, it would seem odd for them to be devoting so much time to rehearsals this early.

The most logical reason I could see them delaying it is to allow Jan/Feb to be a soft opening with a grand debut for Spring Break period...

And for clarification, not doubting what anyone may have seen/heard, just questioning the logic of this plan if it is true...

TTA94

Sorry for the run on but it kind of makes sense with how things have gone lately :(

I hope this isn't true :mad:

jrhwdw

BAD IDEA!!!!!! TDO has black eyes already from the ROL Fieasco and no MSEP Replacement! We don't even have FOF at night right now! If this is true, heads needs to roll and MESP's replacement should be greenlighted!

Bolt

False.

Mawg

Isn't one of the primary reasons for ROL not only to get people into AK but to get them to stay longer thus spread out the night time crowds better and further increasing night time spending? If so, wouldn't debuting ROL while the parks are at their busiest be a better decision than further delaying it? I mean, would THAT many more guests come in Jan/Feb if you waited this long to announce it (don't most people plan their Disney vacation at least 3-4 months in advance?) and even if a bunch of guests did come, wouldn't they be mostly passholders anyways (and no offense to any passholders out there, but I would imagine the per capita spending per day for most passholders is significantly less than the per capita spending per day for most vacationers). Plus, if you were going to wait that long to debut, it would seem odd for them to be devoting so much time to rehearsals this early.

The most logical reason I could see them delaying it is to allow Jan/Feb to be a soft opening with a grand debut for Spring Break period...

And for clarification, not doubting what anyone may have seen/heard, just questioning the logic of this plan if it is true...
Anyway crowds can be spread out and give them more to do will increase customer satisfaction, overall spending and increase the chance of a repeat customer. Bad marketing if holding out for this reason, agree with you I do.

Cesar R M

Chinese lanterns are dangerous to animals, some farmers have had fires caused by them landing on them and cows die as a result of eating the metal parts.

Thats not to say Disney couldn't use one of their drone systems to make an automated electric version, but I would never expect to see the traditional version at DAK.
They could make degradable ones that disintegrate quickly and not of metals?

I mean, if they can make disintegrating underwears.. pretty sure they can make disintegrating lamps ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They could make degradable ones that disintegrate quickly and not of metals?

I mean, if they can make disintegrating underwears.. pretty sure they can make disintegrating lamps ;)
The big problem I have seen with them is the simple fact that you have an open flame with a pretty decent fuel source.

My neighbor decided to light off a few at a party a few years ago and one decided to rapidly descend into the undeveloped woods behind our subdivision. An unscheduled controlled burn of that area was the result.

TTA94

Who? You found something I didn't.. I'm impressed :)

I know I'm reading into this to much but the fact he commented saying the photo was "courtesy of Disney", not HIS photo, makes me wonder if this post was meant to be a little hint by Disney. I'm sure they are quite aware fans are following RoL posts!

prfctlyximprct

D022CCFD-F392-4614-8FCF-B9A5784ABBA0_zpsbw8ghuo1.png

Check out who he's following :)

Greg H

FYI (looks like May 1st for this)...

Relish one of 3 delectable dining experiences before watching the Rivers of Light show under the stars.

rivers-of-light-dining-package-04.jpg

Showstopping Suppers
Savor a mouthwatering meal and score premium seats to the riveting Rivers of Light show!

Pick your pleasure! Enjoy a delicious feast at participating restaurants in Disney’s Animal Kingdom park and experience the beauty of the nighttime spectacular, Rivers of Light—a dazzling light and water show celebrating the magic of nature.

Included in Each Rivers of Light Dining Package:

• Meal selection from a menu or buffet from one of 3 participating restaurants, plus a non-alcoholic beverage
  • Premium seating for Rivers of Light show
Compare Participating Restaurants
Tusker House Restaurant

• Graze on a bountiful buffet brimming with African flavors at Tusker House in Harambe. Please note: While this dining package is available for all meal periods, Guests must dine no later than 2 hours and thirty minutes prior to showtime.
  • Rivers of Light Dining Package Prices (Dine Plan Eligible)
    Breakfast, starting at:
    $37.00 adults
    $23.00 children ages 3 to 9
    Lunch/Dinner, starting at:
    $49.00 adults
    $30.00 children ages 3 to 9
Flame Tree Barbeque

• Dine underneath an intricately carved wood pavilion surrounded by lush greenery. Select an entrée, 3 sides and a dessert off a tempting menu featuring American favorites. Please note: While this dining package is available starting at 2:30 PM, Guests must dine no later than one hour and 15 minutes prior to showtime.
  • Rivers of Light Dining Package Prices (Quick-Service Dining Plan Ineligible)
    $21.99 adults
    $11.99 children ages 3 to 9
Please Note: Listed dining package excludes tax, park admission, gratuity and alcohol. The preferred Rivers of Light seating area is separate from the dining location.

Rivers of Light Dining Packages are available beginning May 1. Advance reservations for the Rivers of Light Dining Package are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom