New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jrhwdw

Give it 7-8 weeks for full openings.

Expect limited previews for certain groups beforehand.
If it's really 7-8 more weeks, where did that other site get that early date of OCT 2nd? Or did they just make that date up for ratings or whatever we call it on the internet? I think I know the answer already but I want to make sure...close to zero chance that ROL will be shown to someone this Mon? I work that nignt and won't be happy if I miss the online chatter! Hopefully the first ever performance to anyone isn't OCT 11th, I work then too!
I have a feeling Bolt forgot their sarcasm font. I'd expect the show to be around 20-25 minutes.
Would be nice to know if the time changed between April 22nd and now.
Get ready to be wowed...and soon...seriously. That's all I can say.
I take it you saw ROL rehearse? Maybe even a dress rehearsal? Will it make us forget the delay???????

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
This has to be one of the most tested and retested shows of all time, no?

Depends what you mean by "show" and "tested and retested"... lots of shows intended to go to Broadway will play at smaller venues off Broadway for quite some time to get all the kinks and tech worked out before opening on Broadway. Disney's Aladdin went through quite a few re-writes and changes in focus/tech over a three year period before it opened on Broadway.

dizneycrazy09

Depends what you mean by "show" and "tested and retested"... lots of shows intended to go to Broadway will play at smaller venues off Broadway for quite some time to get all the kinks and tech worked out before opening on Broadway. Disney's Aladdin went through quite a few re-writes and changes in focus/tech over a three year period before it opened on Broadway.

I meant in terms of park entertainment.

TTA94

@marni1971 Can you give us more info about this time frame you meantioned? and when these previews would take place? There seems to be a lot of conflicting stories going on here.. Some say it could debut as early as the 2nd of October, then there's talk of the week of the 16th, then there is Halloween the 31st (which I'm not buying that date), and now your saying basically the middle of November?

If RoL is really almost ready and dress rehersals are almost finished, Why would they not open until November? Seems strange, Unless it's Disney's desire to open then so it's closer to the start of the holiday season :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom