New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

brb1006

I'm convinced there's no one more excited for this show than you. And hey, that's okay! I'm the same way with Disneyland's Fantasmic. :D
I remember how much people were looking forward to the opening of Shanghai Disney before the gator and shooting two months ago at Orlando days before its official opening. The talk about Shanghai has since gotten more quiet.

prfctlyximprct

I'm convinced there's no one more excited for this show than you. And hey, that's okay! I'm the same way with Disneyland's Fantasmic. :D

Haha you might be right!! For the past couple years, I have become obsessed with reading and educating myself on all things Native American. When they announced Rivers of Light, it just struck a cord with me somewhere. Animals, nature, an emotional playlist, the hope of a better world... Maybe I have hyped Rivers of Light up way too much for myself, but it really was what I was most looking forward to for my next trip. Animal kingdom is my favorite park, and it deserves a great night time show. It truly breaks my heart that I won't be able to see it.

DisneyRoy

I was reading on Facebook the other day...dangerous I know and someone mentioned they had a friend that was working on this and they said it catches on fire every time they try to run the show. That rumor is coming from someone on Facebook that is a step above bus driver so treat it with the same respect. But I too am giving up hope for my trip (there until Columbus Day).

Slowjack

Tell that to PETA...
petacampaigna.jpg

In all seriousness, it sucks that PETA and other organizations were successful in ruining seaworld's public relations and ended their whale breeding program. I really hope they won't target a park like Animal kingdom.
Many years ago PETA was protesting animals in cages by having a girl in tiger-stripe body paint sit in a cage at Birmingham's Five Points South, which attracted attention but not so much to the cause as to the girl. The high point was when a boy dressed up as a smoothie (promoting a newly opened Planet Smoothie) came over and tried to get her phone number. Ah, young love.

Mat Cauthon

I was reading on Facebook the other day...dangerous I know and someone mentioned they had a friend that was working on this and they said it catches on fire every time they try to run the show. That rumor is coming from someone on Facebook that is a step above bus driver so treat it with the same respect. But I too am giving up hope for my trip (there until Columbus Day).
I've heard this same rumor only that it's part of the show because one of the Imagineers working on the show graduated from West Virginia University and believes that is how you celebrate a victory. Here is a sample of some of his work while still at WVU. I'm guessing with all the delays this looks about right for RoL at this point.
couch_on_fire_display_image.jpg

Bolt

Well, there will be a fire element in the show so they aren't wrong.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh dear. The sooner the better. I received this from a non-geek normal park fan friend:

Did that jungle book show the other day at animal kingdom. We and some others walked out. It was awful.

Here's why.....
1- the projections are different to Fantasmic, in that the water screen is made from above, but by the time it hits the water it has blown away so the projector cannot focus on the screen. To put it more bluntly, you couldn't see anything on the screen, just blur.
2-we were sat to the left and could barely see the main stage, in fact we were behind it as the boats follow the contour of the edge.
3- all we could actually see were some really bad Indian dancers.
4- the drummers came out and were unlit. Well 1 was lit out of about 5.
5- the music and singing was bloody awful.

TTA94

Oh dear. The sooner the better. I received this from a non-geek normal park fan friend:

Did that jungle book show the other day at animal kingdom. We and some others walked out. It was awful.

Here's why.....
1- the projections are different to Fantasmic, in that the water screen is made from above, but by the time it hits the water it has blown away so the projector cannot focus on the screen. To put it more bluntly, you couldn't see anything on the screen, just blur.
2-we were sat to the left and could barely see the main stage, in fact we were behind it as the boats follow the contour of the edge.
3- all we could actually see were some really bad Indian dancers.
4- the drummers came out and were unlit. Well 1 was lit out of about 5.
5- the music and singing was bloody awful.

That mess can't end soon enough. I just wish RoL was ready for next month instead of what sounds like late October or November.

Bartattack

I wonder if they're gonna try to fix the water-projection issues. If I'm correct, this is the exact same system they're gonna use for RoL, no? So are they going to try and tweak this or just go with the flow?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom