New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If you have done any robotics work or industrial automation work that's a given its not even hard to do there are whole off the shelf libraries to handle those issues.

I can't help it if the average Disney fans technical skillset is limited to installing apps on their smartphone.

... and bottom line here is, none of us knows exactly what the problem is. It could have been a design flaw, a manufacturing error, a supplier promising something they couldn't deliver, equipment that didn't perform to spec, or even management not giving Imagineering the proper time, money and/or support to do the job right.

prfctlyximprct

I'm in the same boat. Kind of hard to plan a DAK night for 9/11, when the park is open until 8:00, but I cannot FP a night time safari or RoL/Jungle Book.

This also renders my ADR for dinner at Boma useless. Do I switch to Tusker House? Do I say to heck with it, make this a DAK day and go to Disney Springs for dinner instead? Ugh!

Not cool TDO - you make us plan every second of our trip, 180 days out, but don't provide vital info at the 60 day mark for something that dictates how we will spend the whole day.

PREACH.

As of now, AK closes every night at 5 in November. 5! UMMM HELLO? Are the new nighttime offerings "limited time"? Is it my fault that you screwed up on ROL and now you have no clue what your hours are going to be?! AHHHHHHHH!!! Currently debating if I should keep my ADR for Yak and Yeti at 4:45 in hopes of the park being open later, or if I should just cancel and go eat in Epcot later on since they are open until 9. Not that anything worthwhile will be left. THANKS DISNEY. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

PREACH.

As of now, AK closes every night at 5 in November. 5! UMMM HELLO? Are the new nighttime offerings "limited time"? Is it my fault that you screwed up on ROL and now you have no clue what your hours are going to be?! AHHHHHHHH!!! Currently debating if I should keep my ADR for Yak and Yeti at 4:45 in hopes of the park being open later, or if I should just cancel and go eat in Epcot later on since they are open until 9. Not that anything worthwhile will be left. THANKS DISNEY. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
No need to panic. They just announced September hours within the last week or so. They will be open until 8 for September and a lot of October, so I'm sure they will be open until at least 7 to 8 in Nobember.
The big question is what kind of night activities, if any, will they offer.

cspencer96

If you have done any robotics work or industrial automation work that's a given its not even hard to do there are whole off the shelf libraries to handle those issues.

I can't help it if the average Disney fans technical skillset is limited to installing apps on their smartphone.
I've done show automation work, so I feel my skill set is a bit more tuned to this specific instance than just installing apps on my smart phone.

Ralphlaw

We're wrapping a Christmas cruise around a few days at the parks this year. We are debating some time at Animal Kingdom in large part to see Rivers of Light. In everyone's opinion, should I just forget about it?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

I consider myself an average Disney fan and I have a undergraduate degree and a Master of Science, with degrees in Engineering and System Management. Just from looking at complexity of the problem that Disney is trying to solve; I understand how difficult this is. I think all you are sure trying to over simplify it to make Disney look bad. While also make Disney fans look stupid. I think you are wrong on both counts.

Den Carter

No need to panic. They just announced September hours within the last week or so. They will be open until 8 for September and a lot of October, so I'm sure they will be open until at least 7 to 8 in Nobember.

So just checked and the current closing times for AK is 8pm during the first half of September, and then 7:30pm from the 17th through October. This makes the closing time at more or less sunset, and a good half an hour before it'll be dark enough for any of the nighttime offerings. A great shame for me as I'll be at WDW from Sep 26 - Oct 4. I'd planned the trip dates based almost entirely around seeing RoL, and also the fact that over in MK the BTMRR rehab should've completed (before it was delayed)... Oh well, you win some, you lose some...

cspencer96

These kind of arguments reminds me on how musicians blame DJ's for "just pulling levers and put discs".
It's mainly because, in the industry of entertainment technology, everything works best when people don't realize just how complex most of what we do is. Granted, I don't have a ton of experience (I'm still in school working on a degree in theatrical technology and electrical engineering/computer science), but I've got enough to recognize that this is an ambitious task. If we want the show to run well each night, and not have to constantly go down for repairs and technical issues, we should give it time and just be patient.

Biff215

Got a random FP+ email today saying my Jungle Book reservation was unavailable during my trip next week. At first I had hoped this meant RoL was getting rolled out, but then I realized they simply changed the return time by five minutes for the same show.

I can understand the frustration and impatience in this instance, as Disney announced an opening date and promoted RoL prior to the delay. Of course things happen out of their control, but this is coming from a company that has forced us to plan every moment of our vacations at six months out. Hopefully they'll learn to stop their bloggers from posting video until things are a little more concrete.

TTA94

In a way it's a good thing RoL did not open yet. It will be much more enjoyable watching after summer when this horrendous heat and humidity die down!

JohnD

Also, we return to standard time on 11/6. It will get darker earlier (5ish). You could do a ROL show at, say, 6pm. Would be nice if the park closed at a reasonable 8 or 9pm in the fall.

ToTBellHop

Also, we return to standard time on 11/6. It will get darker earlier (5ish). You could do a ROL show at, say, 6pm. Would be nice if the park closed at a reasonable 8 or 9pm in the fall.
Bit early. More like 7 pm in early November, 6:30 in December, back to 7 in January. See Fantasmic. FL sunset never gets much earlier than 5:45 or so. I know because we come in January often and love the switch from 4:30 sunset in CT to almost 6 pm in FL.

JohnD

Bit early. More like 7 pm in early November, 6:30 in December, back to 7 in January. See Fantasmic. FL sunset never gets much earlier than 5:45 or so. I know because we come in January often and love the switch from 4:30 sunset in CT to almost 6 pm in FL.

Didn't I just say see ROL about 6? I'm a Floridian. I know when it gets dark. Trust me. When I leave work between 5-6 in standard time, it's dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom