New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDWLover#1

Does anyone know if Steve Davison is still involved with Rivers of Light? I know he was a part of it when it was conceptualized as a parade, but considering it's been years since then and with no mention of his name in the article, I hope he isn't leaving it to TDO to create it.
I would message him on his facebook page if you wanna know the answer

Goofywilliam

image.jpg

He will not be working on this new show!

Rodan75

I'm wondering if they just needed to develop/buy/install a water filtration system in the pump system (I'm assuming there is a series of pumps that would suck up the water for the mist-producing nozzles). Or, I wonder if they would/could bring the water just for that portion from an external filtered reservoir (through a series of pipes/tubes) that is off-stage. Can't say I'm a plumber/irrigation expert, but I'd have to think those two things might be options.

They would have to do something like that, which will have to be expensive. But if you are comparing that expense to nightly fireworks, it may be a bargain.

CJR

They would have to do something like that, which will have to be expensive. But if you are comparing that expense to nightly fireworks, it may be a bargain.

Exactly, plus they could always try to get a sponsor for the show if cost is an issue for them.

yellowrocket

Why? Illuminations's fountains suck up water from World Showcase Lagoon. I'd assume Discover River is a similar type body of water... No?

Texas84

In my engineering days I worked for a chemical company that made product by shooting hot crude oil into a reactor through small nozzles. Dirty water shouldn't be an issue.

docandsix

In my opinon, the nets around the ToL are a perfect microcosm of everything that is wrong with TDO these days. TDO knows there is a structural problem with the Tree of Life. Instead of fixing the issue, they apply a "temporary" fix by putting up all the nets and fences. Another example where show quality gets pushed aside for the budget. There is nothing inherently wrong with putting up the nets if they were there temporarily until a full refurb could be done; but, it has been years now. That is what is rotten in Orlando these days - temporary becomes permanent. Short term wins out of the long term.

I was being facitious earlier when I said "heavy LEDs" requiring the ToL to get refurbed. We all know that won't be the case as LEDs are lightweight. I'm sure TDO will put the refurb under the guise of reinforcing the ToL for the new show. If you believe that, then there is time share and wrist band they'd love to sell you too.

My fear is that the nets will stay and the paths around the Tree will remain closed as we know from history, once Disney taketh it rarely returneth.

Deflating thoughts, but, alas, probably true.

Goofywilliam

This has been reported months ago. It's headed by another Imagineer who's doing an excellent job thus far.
Yeah. I was going to find the original post but I didn't feel like looking that far back. Lots of intresting info on his page. Its a great way to get info on his projects and get a sort of behind the scenes look at what's going on.

Jakester

Right now he's in Tokyo working on Once Upon A Time, the projection show for their castle. Shame that he isn't heading this project. When the recent entertainment projects in Orlando without him include MISICI, Countdown to Fun, Celebrate the Magic, and Disney Channel Rocks, it's hard to have confidence in their abilities.
I personally think "Celebrate the Magic" is a wonderful show and a win out of the shows you named.

JustInTime

The concept art has some clues. Looks like the crowd is seated in a ginormous amphitheater and it looks like it is lot up by floating lantern style lighting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom