New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

FigmentForver96

Except the parade was a terrible crowd control nightmare. The streets it traveled down were simply not big enough to hold the people watching the parade, and those who wanted to walk by. The music was great I will give it that, but there would be no way for a popular parade to run through that park when the attendance is expected to only grow in the coming years.

EPCOTCenterLover

Children under five cannot differentiate between advertising and content. Children under eight don't yet understand that commercials are to persuade the viewer to buy instead of being another form of entertainment.
Neither do some adults.

Doesn't TDS Aquatopia use underwater guidance?

TTA94

Anyone hear how they are coming along? Are they still testing during the day?

I'm wondering if they put everything on hold and are now just focusing on the Jungle Book show :-/

Rteetz

Jim hill says rivers of light might not debut until September and jungle book will have a component in rivers of light when it debuts. He says they even considered Zootopia but thought better of it.

jt04

Jim hill says rivers of light might not debut until September and jungle book will have a component in rivers of light when it debuts. He says they even considered Zootopia but thought better of it.

Someone was smart enough to say 'notazootopia'.

Brian Swan

Exactly. People keep bringing up WOC and while that's fine and great for the park it's in (it's not my cup of tea TBH, but I also haven't seen it in person and have admitted as much), this is designed for the park it is in and it's a different experience. Why should it be the same or need to be the same? I'm really really looking forward to this.
I love WOC, and I have to say that it is spectacular in person, largely do to it's size and scope. Even the best videos just don't do it justice. It's a perfect show for the park that it's in, but certainly would not be appropriate for AK (it wouldn't fit, for one), and a scaled-down version would just be another "fountain show". Based on the clips that we have seen, I think the overall experience of ROL will top WOC...

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Has he said that since the Jungle Book placeholder show was announced? I was thinking that the placeholder show was the source of the rumor of Jungle Book being part of ROL.

180º

Clearly you never saw tapestry of dreams. ;)
Or better yet, Tapestry of Nations! I can almost forgive the Millennium Celebration's tarps, tombstones, whirligigs, and wand for also giving us ToN and RoE, two of the greatest pieces of WDW entertainment. They gave such an identity to World Showcase. I so hope Rivers of Light will be a callback to those.

Rteetz

Has he said that since the Jungle Book placeholder show was announced? I was thinking that the placeholder show was the source of the rumor of Jungle Book being part of ROL.
Yes in a new show I listened to today that due to the difficulties they are changing a few things and looking to add jungle book to the actual show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom