New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

FigmentJedi

Or better yet, Tapestry of Nations! I can almost forgive the Millennium Celebration's tarps, tombstones, whirligigs, and wand for also giving us ToN and RoE, two of the greatest pieces of WDW entertainment. They gave such an identity to World Showcase. I so hope Rivers of Light will be a callback to those.
Well yeah, the Shamans and their Apprentices are very Sage of Time/Dreamseekers-esque.

Cesar R M

Problems could be either location tracking or the actual piloting system. Controlling your position on the water is difficult... Doing it synchronized in time... Even more difficult. It's a complex timeline to produce to allow for the slack needed for boats to compensate for runtime conditions... Yet still keep the show on time.

Everything is way harder when you are free moving on the water.

Wonder what the actual propulsion system on the barges are. Hopefully some sort of controllable jets
People said its a nightmare to navigate when the parade is on. They could just do a street party like event with the floats infront of the tree

Ripken10

I agree but he has been right sometimes.
Is Jim Hill a weatherman? Cause he seems to be "guessing" at things more often that the casual Disney fan. Everytime I read a post about someone talking about Jim Hill I think -- so does that mean what he is saying is likely NOT to happen. Jim Hill just is not right very often. The few times he is, his followers over exaggerate how often he does have a clue.

ToTBellHop

Is Jim Hill a weatherman? Cause he seems to be "guessing" at things more often that the casual Disney fan. Everytime I read a post about someone talking about Jim Hill I think -- so does that mean what he is saying is likely NOT to happen. Jim Hill just is not right very often. The few times he is, his followers over exaggerate how often he does have a clue.
I call him Punxsutawney Hill.

Rteetz

Bob Iger is a weatherman :p

twebber55

anytime Jim Hill is is mentioned there is almost always a caveat to that person saying "i know Jim Hill"
he gets universally crushed on message boards

doctornick

I don't follow this stuff that closely, but from what I can tell Jim Hill is right sometimes and wrong sometimes, but doesn't seem any worse than any other insider. He was the first to mention the Jungle Book stuff at DAK, right? He was wrong in that it wasn't being added to RoL, but it was being developed as a placeholder for RoL so that's at least being partially correct.

I mean insiders here had indicated stuff like the boat ride for Pandora being cancelled or Star Wars being built internationally first (and not coming to WDW) and people don't seem to hold it against them being "wrong" forever and ever. Sometimes info is right at the time or is being considered by not final and things change.

That said, I hope Hill's info about RoL not opening until Sept is one of his "misses".

Sped2424

I don't follow this stuff that closely, but from what I can tell Jim Hill is right sometimes and wrong sometimes, but doesn't seem any worse than any other insider. He was the first to mention the Jungle Book stuff at DAK, right? He was wrong in that it wasn't being added to RoL, but it was being developed as a placeholder for RoL so that's at least being partially correct.

I mean insiders here had indicated stuff like the boat ride for Pandora being cancelled or Star Wars being built internationally first (and not coming to WDW) and people don't seem to hold it against them being "wrong" forever and ever. Sometimes info is right at the time or is being considered by not final and things change.

That said, I hope Hill's info about RoL not opening until Sept is one of his "misses".
Jims issue is usually not being wrong but miscommunication and taking everything he hears at face value. Plans change a lot but Jim everytime he hears them take the current bit of news as fact and definitely happening rather than waiting to see the green light actually go.

Rteetz

Actually Jim says jungle book will still be added to RoL when it debuts.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Jims issue is usually not being wrong but miscommunication and taking everything he hears at face value. Plans change a lot but Jim everytime he hears them take the current bit of news as fact and definitely happening rather than waiting to see the green light actually go.

Exactly.. I don't think Jim gets "bad info" but I think he is one of first to share info which means, yep... Things change.

Lessons for all here:
1.The info he shares MAY be completely true, or just have elements correct that we see publicly or perhaps are even scrapped or cancelled. It's early info.

2. If want to have a perfect information source concerning Disney that is 100%, unsubscribe from podcasts and the forums... Go to the parks about two months after stuff opens and by then, you'll be in good shape. Even Disney parks blog MIGHT have it correct by then... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom