New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Wikkler

Jim Hill says they are adding Jungle Book scenes while they are working on the technical difficulties.
giphy.gif

Hope in Disney: -50% loss.

Cesar R M

If the problem is only a guidance issue, that may be what they end up going for. Just something to keep the floats on track.
I've used may different GPS devices, and all of them that I could afford to test will fail at some point and track me as walking through East Oshkosh, if only for a few moments. I was very impressed to hear their GPS worked consistently right down to the foot.
If it is a guidance issue, and not a water current issue, they could re-engineer the system to work off of 3 or 4 local antenna for positioning.

My feeling though is it may have more to do with water currents pushing the barges off course.
Agree, setting up a local guidance system by adding transmitter to every side of the ROL theater would help.

Jim Hill says they are adding Jungle Book scenes while they are working on the technical difficulties.
Whats next? frozen and foamheads too?

Sped2424

If it doesn't open until July 4th then

1 they are crazy not opening prior to work out crowd control before mass 4th crowds and
2 they are flushing money down the tangled toilets in MK by not having AK open late with new offerings
Or saving money on hours and man power until July. Doesn't sound that far from what their current cost saving nature is at the moment.

note2001

I can't think of a reason for them not to offer later evening hours if they still have the Tree lit up, a few shows about and rides running. Do they believe that without the ROL show the park will be dead? Many folk prefer to tour the Florida parks in the cooler evening hours after the sun sets.

Last edited:

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I'm somewhat neutral on the IP ROL debate, although I lean more toward a non IP show. That being said, I think the fear is it would be so far from what people expect and what MOST want that Disney is changing course (if this is in fact true).

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I can't think of a reason for them not to offer later evening hours if they still have the Tree light up, a few shows about and rides running. Do they believe that without the ROL show the park will be dead? Many folk prefer to tour the Florida parks in the cooler evening hours after the sun sets.

That's a good point. I would LOVE to explore AK at night even as it stands right now without anything new...maybe they just think there wouldn't be a big draw of people unless they offer something new though not sure.

If only they could charge for the extra evening hours there lol

doctornick

I don't believe the rumor about adding Jungle Book stuff. At this point, they are trying to get things to work right as quickly as possible. Adding any new show elements would make their efforts even more complex.

That's not to say that they won't add Jungle Book stuff eventually to RoL, but I am skeptical anything would be changed for the opening.

Sped2424

I don't believe the rumor about adding Jungle Book stuff. At this point, they are trying to get things to work right as quickly as possible. Adding any new show elements would make their efforts even more complex.

That's not to say that they won't add Jungle Book stuff eventually to RoL, but I am skeptical anything would be changed for the opening.
Well not unless what's being added is just some clips on the water screens with some music attached right now the issues is with the floats and not the projections. So seeing the jungle book being added is not impossible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom