New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

note2001

Well not unless what's being added is just some clips on the water screens with some music attached right now the issues is with the floats and not the projections. So seeing the jungle book being added is not impossible.
I'm not buying the Jungle book bit either, main reason being that the show's score is most assuredly recorded and set by now and all editing done. Adding in a few clips of JB characters here or there isn't as simple as rearranging pots of paint, it's more akin to moving paint around once it's already on the canvas.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm not buying the Jungle book bit either, main reason being that the show's score is most assuredly recorded and set by now and all editing done. Adding in a few clips of JB characters here or there isn't as simple as rearranging pots of paint, it's more akin to moving paint around once it's already on the canvas.
In this digital age, adding in audio clips is a very simple process.

Nothing is ever set in stone or like "moving paint around once it's already on the canvas".

Sped2424

Editing with a projection show isn't a horribly difficult process and I wouldn't be surprised if the show was built to have swap out projection segments if needed.

Sped2424

Just asked my source who is close to the project and for what it's worth they told me in no capacity is the jungle book apart of the show. And that for now it is a non ip nighttime spectacular. Any and all delays to the show are for the tech issues which they say they have known about for Months now but only recently decided to delay the project due to not wanting to put out a half finished show.

No Name

Why is Jim Hill suddenly being taken as a very trusted source? What has he been right on recently? I do not believe Jungle Book is being added, because the show is too far along to do that, and I think it would disappoint many of the Floridians and big WDW fans that this is being marketed to. They have to focus on fixing the problems, and changing the show would only complicate things.

I don't know how big of a problem there is but it must be pretty significant. I suspect the main issue is with the float guiding. Have we seen any daytime testing recently?

Also, I doubt the media event will preview much. Day 2 of the event was originally just going to focus on Animal Kingdom, but now other projects have been thrown in to divide the time. They will probably show clips of testing and rehearsal and try to give off a positive vibe.

Still excited for RoL and I really hope the issues are fixed any day now.

rioriz

This is definitely one time we can be sure the delay is not to save cost

However I am curious as to why they don't start the ToL show or Night Safari before July 4th

Sped2424

This is definitely one time we can be sure the delay is not to save cost

However I am curious as to why they don't start the ToL show or Night Safari before July 4th
The very reason you mentioned. Cost. Why run those things when if the big finale is delayed you can delay the hours and other nighttime stuff till ROL clears. Save as much as you can until you have to implement everything later.

brb1006

That seems a strange move. The creatives made it clear this was to be a unique show and not involve any existing stories.

If true, seems to suggest they may be more wrong than just tech issues.
They might possibly feature various animals from the film mainly the background animal characters.

LongtimeReader

Just asked my source who is close to the project and for what it's worth they told me in no capacity is the jungle book apart of the show. And that for now it is a non ip nighttime spectacular. Any and all delays to the show are for the tech issues which they say they have known about for Months now but only recently decided to delay the project due to not wanting to put out a half finished show.
This.

brb1006

I would assume so. The word I got was no other nighttime stuff shall occur ak until ROL is up and running.
Spongebobwaitingincoffee.gif

I hope the ROL delays will be worth it when it finally debuts sometime this summer because not only am I looking forward to the show but also the new nighttime actives.

twebber55

Why is Jim Hill suddenly being taken as a very trusted source? What has he been right on recently? I do not believe Jungle Book is being added, because the show is too far along to do that, and I think it would disappoint many of the Floridians and big WDW fans that this is being marketed to. They have to focus on fixing the problems, and changing the show would only complicate things.

I don't know how big of a problem there is but it must be pretty significant. I suspect the main issue is with the float guiding. Have we seen any daytime testing recently?

Also, I doubt the media event will preview much. Day 2 of the event was originally just going to focus on Animal Kingdom, but now other projects have been thrown in to divide the time. They will probably show clips of testing and rehearsal and try to give off a positive vibe.

Still excited for RoL and I really hope the issues are fixed any day now.
in general
when he says something positive about WDW he s a joke
when he says something negative he s on point

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom