New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Well, my assumption, and I may be wrong here, is that most people understand that previews and completed product are occasionally different and there is a time lapse between the two as various aspects are resolved. Happens in movies, shows, and even products.
Yes but in this case it would be unprecedented if it ends up being weeks or months until the actual show debuts.

ABQ

Yes but in this case it would be unprecedented if it ends up being weeks or months until the actual show debuts.
Well, some precedence does exist, see the disaster that is/was Spiderman, Turn off the Dark, that's got some insane history of delays before its actual premier. Previews in late 2010, but didn't open till June 2011

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, my assumption, and I may be wrong here, is that most people understand that previews and completed product are occasionally different and there is a time lapse between the two as various aspects are resolved. Happens in movies, shows, and even products.
It could go either way, but I would think that those who were angry that they booked trips around a published opening date which was then cancelled, would not be happy to see the show performed for the media ahead of that published date.

ToTBellHop

Well, some precedence does exist, see Spiderman, Turn off the Dark, that's got some insane history of delays before its actual premier. Previews in late 2010, but didn't open till June 2011
LOL.

I actually walked out of that show. I've never walked out of a show before. And I've seen bad Broadway shows. But that one was so bad that we actually left at the intermission.

Doug Means

It could go either way, but I would think that those who were angry that they booked trips around a published opening date which was then cancelled, would not be happy to see the show performed for the media ahead of that published date.
im not disagreeing with you at all...i just have learned myself to try not and book a new thing right away expecting it to be a go. in-fact with a lot of things in the world i try and let them come out or open, in this case, for a short time period, because the glitches and bugs really come out and are fixed, ASAP ( most new phones are this way)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
More to the point, invite the press to something that may not work?

Alton Towers learnt the hard way with that.

jrhwdw

Is the media night for the whole DAK at night experience?

If not, anyone else think that DAK keeping the media night is a little fishy??? Why show them something that won't open till past May???(We think, we really don't know)
I'm starting to wonder if maybe the parks blog put a clue in the delayed post, that ROL will actually open mid-late May! Just my onion and guess, I am not an insider. Don't even live in FL! DAK keeping the media night when everything else was cancelled and delayed just baffles me!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Any indications on what the issues are? I read something about the computer system to run it?

Ralph was shocked to learn that Windows 95 wasn't supported anymore.

Has anyone considered that this might be a one time thing like that dragon in New Fantasyland? All the media and internet sycophants can then use youtube videos of the show to convince the mentally ill rubes who don't know the value of a buck that Disney World is the bestest place ever. After the video is uploaded they can claim that the same bacterium that was eating the brains of those ill fated few at River Country was blown into the crowd creating a kind of death mist giving many in the media a permanent case of projectile diarrhea and as a result the show must never go on. :lookaroun

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Has anyone considered that this might be a one time thing like that dragon in New Fantasyland? All the media and internet sycophants can then use youtube videos of the show to convince the mentally ill rubes who don't know the value of a buck that Disney World is the bestest place ever. After the video is uploaded they can claim that the same bacterium that was eating the brains of those ill fated few at River Country was blown into the crowd creating a kind of death mist giving many in the media a permanent case of projectile diarrhea and as a result the show must never go on. :lookaroun
:eek:

Nemo14

Most people would understand that.
and that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom