New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I don't believe the rumor about adding Jungle Book stuff. At this point, they are trying to get things to work right as quickly as possible. Adding any new show elements would make their efforts even more complex.

That's not to say that they won't add Jungle Book stuff eventually to RoL, but I am skeptical anything would be changed for the opening.
Makes sense, IF they are, shows how off the timetable actually is (in order to even consider doing this).

Last edited:

FerretAfros

During yesterday's half marathon, I got to DAK just as the sun was beginning to lighten the sky, and was able to take a look at the new viewing areas in the dark. It was my first time seeing them in person, but they look really nice. Even though the Dinoland side isn't as elaborate as the Asia side, the nighttime lighting on it makes it look really good.

There wasn't any evidence of testing out on the water, so I don't know if they stopped early because they knew runners were coming, if they're usually done by that time of day (~6:30am), or if they aren't working on it nightly. There were work lights on at the marina, but I couldn't tell if anybody was there (we only saw it from a distance)

Dinoland side from the bridge, with the Tree of Life on the right side (color temperature is off in this photo):
P1140889.JPG

Asia side from near the control booth:
P1140891.JPG

Dinoland side from near the yeti shrine:
P1140892.JPG

Asia side from near the yeti shrine:
P1140893.JPG

I also saw the spare(?) petals that were linked earlier in this thread. I'm not sure exactly what they are for, but there seemed to be at least 4 or 5 of them (possibly more if there were multiple rows of them) on the south side of the backstage marina
P1140887.JPG

This may or may not be related to Rivers of Light, but behind the Dinosaur show building, there were 3 wheeled containers (about the size of a airport luggage train cars) filled with black plastic patio chairs. I saw the same type of armless chairs later in the day, at one of the areas of World Showcase that had been rented out for a special Illuminations event. I have no idea if these are related to Rivers of Light, but they could explain the flat open areas behind the benches in the seating areas, which could presumably be configured for a ubiquitous upcharge event; the carts and chairs have not been here during previous races
P1140885.JPG

bjm72385

During yesterday's half marathon, I got to DAK just as the sun was beginning to lighten the sky, and was able to take a look at the new viewing areas in the dark. It was my first time seeing them in person, but they look really nice. Even though the Dinoland side isn't as elaborate as the Asia side, the nighttime lighting on it makes it look really good.

There wasn't any evidence of testing out on the water, so I don't know if they stopped early because they knew runners were coming, if they're usually done by that time of day (~6:30am), or if they aren't working on it nightly. There were work lights on at the marina, but I couldn't tell if anybody was there (we only saw it from a distance)

Dinoland side from the bridge, with the Tree of Life on the right side (color temperature is off in this photo):
View attachment 138377

View attachment 138378

View attachment 138379

View attachment 138380

I also saw the spare(?) petals that were linked earlier in this thread. I'm not sure exactly what they are for, but there seemed to be at least 4 or 5 of them (possibly more if there were multiple rows of them) on the south side of the backstage marina
View attachment 138376

This may or may not be related to Rivers of Light, but behind the Dinosaur show building, there were 3 wheeled containers (about the size of a airport luggage train cars) filled with black plastic patio chairs. I saw the same type of armless chairs later in the day, at one of the areas of World Showcase that had been rented out for a special Illuminations event. I have no idea if these are related to Rivers of Light, but they could explain the flat open areas behind the benches in the seating areas, which could presumably be configured for a ubiquitous upcharge event; the carts and chairs have not been here during previous races
View attachment 138375
Those extra petals could also be for the main large lotus that we haven't seen yet.

Sped2424

View attachment 138377

View attachment 138378

View attachment 138379

View attachment 138380

View attachment 138376

View attachment 138375
The popcorn lights with Everest silhouetted in the background are absolutely phenomenal.

jrhwdw

Not very promising. Looks like the operating times have been severely slashed at AK. Check out the WDWMagic calendar for July 2016 !!
Fri1
9:00am to 9:00am
Sat2
Morning EMH
8:00am to 9:00am
Sun3
Mon4
Morning EMH
Tue5
Wed6
Thu7
Fri8
Sat9
Morning EMH
Sun10
Mon11
Morning EMH
Tue12
Wed13
Thu14
Fri15
Sat16
Morning EMH
Sun17
Mon18
Morning EMH
Tue19
Wed20
Thu21
Fri22
Sat23
Morning EMH
Just guessing here, but since ROL's times and AK's hours were never released before the delay, do we know for sure that those are new hours for July?

As for the story from the site that is banned, IF that's true, Oh Good Grief!!! What next?!?!? DON'T ANSWER TDO!!!!!! It would be nice to get some good news! Like, NOW!!!!!! Hopefully every park's summer isn't waiting for ROL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom