New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

nor'easter

Ya know, I was at the MK this past weekend with a friend who came to visit. We had an AMAZING time at the park, and actually rode a LOT of things with booking our FastPasses only a couple days in advance (DURING SPRING BREAK)

It's totally possible to have an amazing time at any of the parks with little or no planning. It's all in your attitude.

It's not attitude at all. Here's a Kleenex...there's too much pixie dust up your nose.

Yeah, I'm sure you can find people who enjoy waiting in line for an hour, and eating at crappy fast food places, or eating dinner at an ungodly hour because because decent restaurants are booked at lunch and dinner....you can even find people who enjoy Stitch's Great Escape. Good for them. To quote the Lego movie, "Everything is AWESOME!" Disney is ALWAYS just so AMAZING and MAGICAL for some folks, who probably also enjoy reruns of The Brady Bunch and America's Funniest Home Videos.

G00fyDad

It's not attitude at all. Here's a Kleenex...there's too much pixie dust up your nose.

Yeah, I'm sure you can find people who enjoy waiting in line for an hour, and eating at crappy fast food places, or eating dinner at an ungodly hour because because decent restaurants are booked at lunch and dinner....you can even find people who enjoy Stitch's Great Escape. Good for them. To quote the Lego movie, "Everything is AWESOME!" Disney is ALWAYS just so AMAZING and MAGICAL for some folks, who probably also enjoy reruns of The Brady Bunch and America's Funniest Home Videos.

Did you have a bad day?

You don't have to freebase pixiedust in order to have a spontaneous good time at WDW. Yes, I am a planner but I have plenty of friends that go to WDW on the spur of the moment and don't plan at all. They go at different times of the year and they have rarely had a bad time, ate dinner way too early or way too late, and have had minimal waits in lines.

FigmentForver96

Disney has gotten out of hand lately but you can enjoy yourself. I went just last month and still have fun with friends. I will probably will not renew at the end of this year but I do plan on taking my great grandmother this year and I'm sure we will have fun.

Disney is not doing good at all right now but do not attack people who enjoy themselves.

me_stitch

Premium Member
Uh...where are all these billboards? I haven't seen any.

Ya know, I was at the MK this past weekend with a friend who came to visit. We had an AMAZING time at the park, and actually rode a LOT of things with booking our FastPasses only a couple days in advance (DURING SPRING BREAK) and booking our table service dining DAY OF. Keep in mind the park was mobbed on Sunday because of the gorgeous weather. We weren't even there the entire day (arrived at maybe noon, left at 9:00pm, and had about 1.5 hours of table service dining) and experienced a ton of things.

We ran into a family while waiting in line for the TSI Rafts and during the conversation we realized they hadn't made any dining or FastPass reservations since they didn't even know what FPs were. I asked how their day had been going and they said they were having the best time ever and couldn't have even hoped for more. Earlier in the weekend, we also overheard people at Epcot asking various members in their group "what are these Fastpass things".

It's totally possible to have an amazing time at any of the parks with little or no planning. It's all in your attitude.
I've seen CM's explaining fast passes to guests and I always feel bad for them because they aren't optimizing their time in the parks. Even on my families first trip I had the fast passes and stuff down pretty good, I'm one of those over-planners though

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
or.. use location pontoons in the water so the boats can align to them.

.I dont think gyro systems in water are reliable. Since when you push a boat forward, the boat will lean backwards and when you stop the acceleration push, you will get strong deceleration and a forward leaning.

Gyro's work just fine in boats and inertial guidance is the only option for submarines other than bearing and time aka Dead Reconing, The key is they instantaneously report acceleration in all axis as they are a 'fixed point' relative to the motion of the vessel tie this to thrusters and vessel motion is fully compensated for.

TTA94

Let's say things started going well suddenly... For the sake of the 22nd originally being the opening date, DAKs anniversary and Earth day I wish they would do a soft opening/sneak peek just on that day.

note2001

I agree that it shouldn't open until it's ready, the fail here on Disney's part was announcing a firm date then not being able to meet it. They are normally very conservative with the release of opening days, so it's surprising to see them miss one.

My belief is that as an outdoor attraction the number of technical issues that can happen is compounded. A show is art, but in this case there is also a lot of science going on behind that art with guidance programming, water flow and more. (This is one of the reason's I'm very curious about the Flixel technology Disney is working on as it will be in airspace and so much can happen up there to bring a drone down.)

It has been shown over and over again that the management in large companies does not understand or appreciate "technical issues." They all want hard timeline dates they can use to plan their budgeting and in this case, marketing by. I'm sure Disney management had been sternly warned about the schedule, but chose to ignore the warnings as they had a golden date in mind, and told PR to go ahead with the announcement.

Now, I'm curious, is it a boat guidance issue or something else?

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

I think they should make it just like World of Colors system. Don't put it in the main system, make it something you have to attain a digital fastpass for day of from specific kiosks, in the actual park itself. Or even issue paper tickets. I don't care. Two shows on that system, 3rd show if added could be a free for all. A fastpass that isn't booked in advance (aside from a dinner package or something), and that doesn't effect your other passes...

Or just do what they already do with fantasmic and stuff I guess...

Next Big Thing

Considering that they recently stopped using FP+ for nighttime shows at MK it would be odd to start doing it at DAK. Of course, it would also be odd to put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tower of Terror and the Muppets in Liberty Square, so what do I know?
For a show that only seats 5K, it would cause chaos if they DIDN'T offer FP+.

Wikkler

The Disney Parks Blog is now a parody of itself.
Wow, the comments on the Disney Parks Blog are pretty scathing. More what you'd expect to read here than there.
The comments are mostly just despair, and people saying "I don't get what the deal's about, the delay's normal, Disney's just getting it right,"
upload_2016-4-10_2-31-11.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-31-58.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-32-42.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-33-1.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-33-51.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-34-20.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-34-47.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-35-33.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-37-48.png
upload_2016-4-10_2-38-30.png

Mike S

The comments are mostly just despair, and people saying "I don't get what the deal's about, the delay's normal, Disney's just getting it right,"
I think I would be right in saying the DPB is where most people go for their Disney news. With that being said, I give you the beginnings of the general public seeing things the way we do.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I think I would be right in saying the DPB is where most people go for their Disney news. With that being said, I give you the beginnings of the general public seeing things the way we do.
The general public was like a big sleeping grizzly bear that had been hibernating for the last decade or so. That bear has now been poked with a big stick. It will be fun to watch the brand advocates and brainwashed defenders cling to their beliefs of "all is magical"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom