New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Have you heard what tech issues they are having?
Nothing specific, other than they are way behind where they wanted to be by now due to a number of tech issues.

This is why you are seeing show schedule yet and a ton of daytime testing which they obviously would have preferred not to have done (none of this stuff should be seen in daylight).

TTA94

Nothing specific, other than they are way behind where they wanted to be by now due to a number of tech issues.

This is why you are seeing show schedule yet and a ton of daytime testing which they obviously would have preferred not to have done (none of this stuff should be seen in daylight).

Maybe the 22nd official opening will turn into a soft opening/not fully ready show lol. I don't know if they would actually push off the opening date all together.

tnemgif

I would assume for the show to go from land to a boat on the water. Maybe a couple shamans are on land in front of the seating area and then get onto the boats to take the story to the lake. I guess sort of like the Indians in Fantasmic.
I think that's exactly what they said in the Q&A session.

jrhwdw

Interesting, keep us updated, are they finding solutions? Are they having problem with the main lotus/tower? We have not seen that one out testing.
Maybe ROL shouldn't be seen in Daylight, but it gets people talking/excited!

Is TOL and Safaris all set to go? Will they start if ROL is delayed?(Don't know what WDW would say if ROL is delayed!) or does everything have to wait for ROL?
I think I saw on DIS that Tiffins is behind. Or are they just behind because of ROL?

clemmo

Interesting, keep us updated, are they finding solutions? Are they having problem with the main lotus/tower? We have not seen that one out testing.
Maybe ROL shouldn't be seen in Daylight, but it gets people talking/excited!

Is TOL and Safaris all set to go? Will they start if ROL is delayed?(Don't know what WDW would say if ROL is delayed!) or does everything have to wait for ROL?
I think I saw on DIS that Tiffins is behind. Or are they just behind because of ROL?
I think that they'll want to roll all of the new experiences out together as a kind of phase 1 of the dak expansion. Just my opinion though

WildcatDen

Not really directed at you but I wanted to put this out there. Being a true fan of something means you care enough to criticize where you believe it's due. For a perfect example look up the fan reaction to the Metroid game Nintendo is releasing this year. It's not pretty.

Blindly accepting any and everything and putting down criticisms makes you a sheep.
Yes, but when all someone posts are the negatives, be they real or perceived, without mentioning the good things, one starts to assume there is some kind of agenda being pushed. Of course that knife cuts both ways.

Cesar R M

Dear god, such gorgeous detail on the ASIA side!
that control tower and surrounding areas!

Wishing they could really fix these eyesores in the Nemo side :(

Also, speaking of lights...
Were lights installed on discovery islands as well? I see some "plastic green" near tusker Where the last photo was taken from.

Cesar R M

Yes, but when all someone posts are the negatives, be they real or perceived, without mentioning the good things, one starts to assume there is some kind of agenda being pushed. Of course that knife cuts both ways.
The same could be said of the opposite. (aka a paid guy or having special interests in never seeing Disney take any bad light) I mean We've had these guys who defend disney 24/7 like they are paid guys.

TTA94

I wish someone took a pic of the lotus flower going under the bridge so we could see what's inside ;-)

Is there a chance they hid a few fountain jets and or lights under the water? I almost remember during construction they had a row of black tubeing in front of the viewing areas... But that could have been for electrical.

rioriz

Dear god, such gorgeous detail on the ASIA side!
that control tower and surrounding areas!

Wishing they could really fix these eyesores in the Nemo side :(

Also, speaking of lights...
Were lights installed on discovery islands as well? I see some "plastic green" near tusker Where the last photo was taken from.

Unfortunately the Nemo show side is perfectly themed

MatthewWho13

They have all of the GPS antennas out on the floats, I especially like the recycling bin mount ;)

It seems that either they're trying to program them more accurately or when they are mounted inside of the floats they are having issues.

The main lantern boat has its two GPS antennas mounted to the top mast, they probably should have figured out a better mounting plan with the floats to have them exposed but themed, Unless they use boosters. I can imagine with all of the Projection, lighting, laser, control hardware, all of the power and data being transmitted each way that there is a ton of electrical "noise"

Also on the Elephant float coming under the bridge, it looked like there was data or DMX (lighting) control splitters going to each of the sections of that float, exposed almost as if something internal didn't fly and they did a quick patch to see why.. or if this version worked better.

Ohh the stress of being a show programmer on this show, Quick cover my $80k MA console with a tarp....

Last edited:

MatthewWho13

tumblr_inline_mrkteeEK7Z1qz4rgp.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom