New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Someone on Twitter said that ROL won't be ready until June???????
With the caveat that it is experiencing difficulties and may be delayed, no one could possibly know by how long. They have never produced this show before. They are doing everything they can to meet the announced opening.

Cesar R M

Unfortunately the Nemo show side is perfectly themed
How so?
again.. visible light canons in nemo side with blue+brown vs good mixture of browns, hidden light canons on the asia side.
They have all of the GPS antennas out on the floats, I especially like the recycling bin mount ;)

It seems that either they're trying to program them more accurately or when they are mounted inside of the floats they are having issues.

The main lantern boat has its two GPS antennas mounted to the top mast, they probably should have figured out a better mounting plan with the floats to have them exposed but themed, Unless they use boosters. I can imagine with all of the Projection, lighting, laser, control hardware, all of the power and data being transmitted each way that there is a ton of electrical "noise"

Also on the Elephant float coming under the bridge, it looked like there was data or DMX (lighting) control splitters going to each of the sections of that float, exposed almost as if something internal didn't fly and they did a quick patch to see why.. or if this version worked better.

Ohh the stress of being a show programmer on this show, Quick cover my $80k MA console with a tarp....
have these been confirmed as GPS antennas?

Goggling gps antennas always yield images of rounded units or box style units. Not double straight wireless antennas as the floats/boats have.

So, Programmed from inside vs controlled by a programmed booth center.

dreamfinder912

Could it be the LPS system they use on the Winnie the Pooh ride in Tokyo, not GPS that controls the floats? That could (I have no idea about any of this tech) be the antennas?

I am curious as to how dark if needs to be for the ROL? The reason I mention it is that I have a 10 day trip booked in September and in that whole time AK closes at 5 pm every day. So will it run prior to 5???

Blairnicol

Looking great. The lotus flowers help round out the density of things on the water, even in the current form it doesn't look too sparse.

Fantasmic (at Disneyland) can't be upgraded soon enough!

I have a degree in theatrical design & did a ton of lighting and the idea of programing and tech-ing this gives me butterflies and panic attacks at the same time. The amount of layering and complexity that must be going on here makes my head spin.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
yes, but that shade now clashes with the color of Nemo's outer theater colors as per the other pictures (and the contrasty brown of the seating area)

I agree. If the seating area on that side was more of a green/blue color, those posts would not stand out so much.

MatthewWho13

How so?
again.. visible light canons in nemo side with blue+brown vs good mixture of browns, hidden light canons on the asia side.

have these been confirmed as GPS antennas?

Goggling gps antennas always yield images of rounded units or box style units. Not double straight wireless antennas as the floats/boats have.

So, Programmed from inside vs controlled by a programmed booth center.

The earlier photos had stick styler antennas but more recent photos and videos show they have switched to a round or pyramid style antenna. They look like similar ones that are on market

MatthewWho13

The earlier photos had stick styler antennas but more recent photos and videos show they have switched to a round or pyramid style antenna. They look like similar ones that are on market

like these now..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-03-28 17.13.26.png
    Screenshot 2016-03-28 17.13.26.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 185

WildcatDen

The same could be said of the opposite. (aka a paid guy or having special interests in never seeing Disney take any bad light) I mean We've had these guys who defend disney 24/7 like they are paid guys.
Agree, that is why I said the knife cuts both ways. Being a periodic and not an annual visitor, I tend to see the good more so than the bad, and because of that, I defend before I condemn. Now, if I see items needing criticism after my visit next, I will make them, no apologies.

Cesar R M

I just noticed that as well, good eye!

They probably used wireless thinking they could just program them and failed and then moved to GPS for accuracy and positioning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom