New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

peter11435

Except I was talking first about the visibility of the bubble lamps, not about the "visibility" of the show itself.
I was replying based on the conversation about the lamps being bad show or poor theming.

so again.. the point.....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you..
Then you were responding to the wrong post because I was never discussing show or themeing. You quoted my post which was entirely about the visibility during the show.

pluto77

Hi everyone
I will be at DAK on April 27th. and when I look at the parc schedule (for any night after the 22th) there's no show available and the park closes around 6:00-6:30.
Does onyone have a idea why Disney still show that the park will be closign early even if we know the nightime show will debut on april 22th?
I hope they announce the new hours and times for the night time show soon! We are also going the end of April. I heard they might be offering the dinner show package, like they do at Fantasmic! so I've been keeping my eyes open!

glvsav37

I know i'm not the first to say this, but as much as I am looking forward to this show, I'm getting very frustrated with WDW management for keeping such a wrap on releasing the details of any FP or dining package info and we are just about 1 month away from the opening. And the crazy part, is that it doesn't even effect me...I won't be there until August.

But, It just is a rub where the company expects us to make our dining 180 out and FP's 60 out and here we are with people wondering how they are going to have to alter their plans and risk throwing days plans into the crapper if they can't get a FP for their planned AK day/days.

we are 30 days away, this info should have been planned and released by now!!

peter11435

I'm sure it's planned just not released yet. My guess is that they are waiting for the 30 day mark to release it so that it opens to everyone at the same time as opposed to giving resort guests a 30 day head start.

TTA94

I'm sure it's planned just not released yet. My guess is that they are waiting for the 30 day mark to release it so that it opens to everyone at the same time as opposed to giving resort guests a 30 day head start.

Or RoL may open with no FPs and dining reservations at all. There was a rumor of those starting May 1st. I'm thinking that will probably be the case as Disney will not want MDE to crash on Tuesday and be dealing with complaints.

peter11435

Or RoL may open with no FPs and dining reservations at all. There was a rumor of those starting May 1st. I'm thinking that will probably be the case as Disney will not want MDE to crash on Tuesday and be dealing with complaints.
Also possible. Although I think the system will probably crash regardless of when they become available. April 22 or may 1st the demand will still most likely overwhelm the system.

I think they really should just offer fastpass for the show seperate from Fastpass+. Similar to World of Color.

DisneyRoy

Also possible. Although I think the system will probably crash regardless of when they become available. April 22 or may 1st the demand will still most likely overwhelm the system.

I think they really should just offer fastpass for the show seperate from Fastpass+. Similar to World of Color.

Or Disney could try something smart and open the reservations in a rolling update. People within 30 days have exclusive time to reserve for one week. Then the next week it opens to those 60 days out. And so on and so forth until it's expanded out to the 180 days as expected. But that would require someone to think for a change about IT stuff. And by the way this system crashes when you breathe, that obviously doesn't happen.

JohnWD

I know i'm not the first to say this, but as much as I am looking forward to this show, I'm getting very frustrated with WDW management for keeping such a wrap on releasing the details of any FP or dining package info and we are just about 1 month away from the opening. And the crazy part, is that it doesn't even effect me...I won't be there until August.

But, It just is a rub where the company expects us to make our dining 180 out and FP's 60 out and here we are with people wondering how they are going to have to alter their plans and risk throwing days plans into the crapper if they can't get a FP for their planned AK day/days.

OMG - people will have to stand in line for a new attraction????? People who can't afford the dining packages will actually be standing in line with those who can???? People may actually have their minute by minute plans perturbed???? What is WDW coming to?

jrhwdw

OMG - people will have to stand in line for a new attraction????? People who can't afford the dining packages will actually be standing in line with those who can???? People may actually have their minute by minute plans perturbed???? What is WDW coming to?
I see your point. HOWEVER, Park Hours along with ROL & TOL Twilight(if that's even going in the Times Guide) Times is a different story. How long before FOF's Opening Date was the date announced and Times put online? Granted, we all had a good guess on what time FOF would be, but WDW still had to put it online.

For those like me who stay offsite, or go to tourist centers around the area, when does the current Times & Information brochure expire? The next one may or may not give us ROL times but it would have to have AK's new hours I would think!

glvsav37

Dogs and cats living together!!!

my 'frustration' has noting to of with any of those, but thanks. More to the ecosystem Disney built for itself where we are forced to play by the 180/60 day benchmarks they set for us, yet not a peep out of them close to 30 days out of opening when they know so many people are waiting to see this.

Could they not offer FP or a package for this show....yea. Will they...not a chance. So yes, it will disturb peoples minute by minute plans b/c Disney made us make minute by minute plans. Trust me, I would love for FP+ to go away. I had no issue with the old FP system and yes, remember when there was no FP's. I remember going up to the TV screens in Epcot and making ADRs for that day.

So yes, there was a time when the masses all waited together....but Disney changed that on us. And you can make the argument that I don't need to be a slave to that system, but I guess we can debate that as we listen to RoL from outside the theater b/c there is no way all 5K of those seats will be claimed in advance.

Brian Swan

Oh boy - a new line to stand in at RD... :)

Cesar R M

Do you always intentionally miss the point. Because it seems so. Do you need me to go back and quote the various posts in question and show you where you apparently misunderstood.
And apparently you think the conversation is solely about you.
Last time I seen, this thread had like 30 people actively conversing. Not only YOUR point.
Now I understand why so many people have you on ignore.

*edit*
the hilarity is, I started talking about the bubble fantasmic globes even before YOU started talking about them. My first comment about them was back in page 142 talking to @ChristianG 's photo about the first Towered bubble fantasmic globes.
And the first posts about the permanently visibly globes were way back near page 137.
Page #148 is where I talked more directly with another person who thinks the same.
Asia side = very well hidden. Dinoland = not hidden,always visible.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom