New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

cjkeating

They've been out over the last week it would seem they are testing.

Someone who has seen the floats in person should be able to work this out but if these floats are autonomous as had been rumoured/suggested then they are probably just testing this aspect which would be easier to do in daylight. If they aren't I presume they are just locking down barge routes and/or doing driver training.

GiveMeTheMusic

Which side of the viewing area do you all think will become more popular? For me I'm thinking the Dinoland side... From there you won't get a view of the glob light towers since the Asia side doesn't have them as visible, and you would get a better view of Everest, and just the cool Asia side in general!

I am curious if we will get the option to choose which side? or if one will be FP and dining package only and the other stand by?

You ask a lot of questions that no one could possibly know the answer to yet.

peter11435

Which side of the viewing area do you all think will become more popular? For me I'm thinking the Dinoland side... From there you won't get a view of the glob light towers since the Asia side doesn't have them as visible,

If you're there to watch the show then the light towers on the Asia side will be visible.

Cesar R M

If you're there to watch the show then the light towers on the Asia side will be visible.
Are we talking about the LIGHT TOWERS that have the speakers and will probably be off the entire day and only open when the show starts/ends ?
Or are we talking about the fantasmic bubble light canons?
The Asia side does not have them visible. only dinoland's.

TTA94

Are we talking about the LIGHT TOWERS that have the speakers and will probably be off the entire day and only open when the show starts/ends ?

Bubble light canons.

peter11435

They are not visible during the day. But they will almost certainly be visible the entire time you are waiting for the show. Just like fantasmic at disneyland and world of color they will be in show position long before guests are loaded into the viewing area.

Bolt

Paul jr

Hi everyone
I will be at DAK on April 27th. and when I look at the parc schedule (for any night after the 22th) there's no show available and the park closes around 6:00-6:30.
Does onyone have a idea why Disney still show that the park will be closign early even if we know the nightime show will debut on april 22th?

CaptainAmerica

Hi everyone
I will be at DAK on April 27th. and when I look at the parc schedule (for any night after the 22th) there's no show available and the park closes around 6:00-6:30.
Does onyone have a idea why Disney still show that the park will be closign early even if we know the nightime show will debut on april 22th?
Park hours are updated only periodically, not constantly. That said, it's odd that they announced the opening of the show without publishing actual times.

Cesar R M

They are not visible during the day. But they will almost certainly be visible the entire time you are waiting for the show. Just like fantasmic at disneyland and world of color they will be in show position long before guests are loaded into the viewing area.
the photos released show the bubble ones very visible in the dinoland area, and not visible in the asia side.
Also I remember the ones next to Asia are hidden behind fake grass. Dinoland's.. not so much.

Cesar R M

The Disney Blog has two videos posted show the lotus flowers and the animal floats moving on the water. There are 2 different videos, one from the Discovery Island - Dino Land bridge, and the other from the Flame Tree Barbecue (this one is way better).

http://thedisneyblog.com/2016/03/19/rivers-of-light-testing-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
Now question.. are those boats/floats automated? or there are people driving them?
or there are some sort of guiding railing below the water?

peter11435

the photos released show the bubble ones very visible in the dinoland area, and not visible in the asia side.
Also I remember the ones next to Asia are hidden behind fake grass. Dinoland's.. not so much.
They're not visible in some of the photos because the ones on the Asia side retract. But like I said they will be in show position before and during the show. So as a guest watching the show the fact that some retract during the day won't make a difference towards which side is better.

Cesar R M

They're not visible in some of the photos because the ones on the Asia side retract. But like I said they will be in show position before and during the show. So as a guest watching the show the fact that some retract during the day won't make a difference towards which side is better.
thepoint_you.jpg

Cesar R M

I think YOU are the one missing the point. I originally responded to someone who was stating that the dinoland side would be the better viewing area since you wouldn't get a view of light towers since Asia's are not visible. The point is that it will make no difference since both sides will be visible during the show.
Except I was talking first about the visibility of the bubble lamps, not about the "visibility" of the show itself.
I was replying based on the conversation about the lamps being bad show or poor theming.

so again.. the point.....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom