New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

peter11435

And apparently you think the conversation is solely about you.
Last time I seen, this thread had like 30 people actively conversing. Not only YOUR point.
Now I understand why so many people have you on ignore.
I never said this thread was all about my point. But YOU quoted MY post. Therefore YOU were replying to MY point.

Go ahead and ignore me. It won't bother me one bit.

TTA94

With the news about MKs after hours event I wonder DAK will get those preview events after all. WDW seems to be on a roll lately with upcharges.

DisneyPrincess5

I apologize if these questions have already been answered. I have not been following this thread or Rivers of Light news. My mom and aunt plan to check RoL out on their November trip and they have some questions:

1) I researched the opening date. First I saw "Spring", and now I found a 4/18/16 opening date-is that correct?
2) How many shows will operate per night? And at what times?
3) Will the only option for viewing be standing in line, will there be a FP+, or will they offer some sort of "dinner and a show" deal like DHS does with Fantasmic?

Thanks so much!

Wikkler

I apologize if these questions have already been answered. I have not been following this thread or Rivers of Light news. My mom and aunt plan to check RoL out on their November trip and they have some questions:

1) I researched the opening date. First I saw "Spring", and now I found a 4/18/16 opening date-is that correct?
No. April 22nd.
2) How many shows will operate per night? And at what times?
Nothing announced. They're going to have either two or three shows per night. Times are completely unknown.
3) Will the only option for viewing be standing in line, will there be a FP+, or will they offer some sort of "dinner and a show" deal like DHS does with Fantasmic?
This is a seated show, a la Fantasmic. There will definitely be FP+, and there's going to be a dinner package with Tusker House.

Cesar R M

No. April 22nd.

Nothing announced. They're going to have either two or three shows per night. Times are completely unknown.

This is a seated show, a la Fantasmic. There will definitely be FP+, and there's going to be a dinner package with Tusker House.
Now my only question would be.. will all 3 shows be FP+ and dinning package exclusive? or the last show will be "free for all" ?

raymusiccity

Yes. And in many of the props around the lagoon, like the beached boat props at Mexico or the Gondolas at Italy.

Lots of work putting in all of the finishing touches. We were leaving the park last night, following a late dinner at Yak & Yeti. Grandstands were all lit up and looking very festive. Looks like all of the naysayers will be silenced in short order!

image.jpeg

rioriz

OMG - people will have to stand in line for a new attraction????? People who can't afford the dining packages will actually be standing in line with those who can???? People may actually have their minute by minute plans perturbed???? What is WDW coming to?
I get your humor and appreciate it totally! !!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Lots of work putting in all of the finishing touches. We were leaving the park last night, following a late dinner at Yak & Yeti. Grandstands were all lit up and looking very festive. Looks like all of the naysayers will be silenced in short order!

Sorry, the naysayers will never be silenced. No matter if this is the greatest show ever, it still will not be good enough. All I can see is that everything I have seen so far makes this look like it is going to be a great addition to Animal Kingdom and I am making a trip down on April 29 to judge for myself.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A month from opening and still no info?

On one hand they want us to plan out every detail of our trips months in advance, and then here a popular new show with limited seating is set to debut in a few weeks and we're just given "stay tuned"?

Annoying.

Hey good news... it's not a one time event!!!

The jabs about advance planning and Disney not releasing info about the START of a new event are just petty whining hiding under the guise of attacking hypocrisies.

You don't need to be there on the first day, and your plans can be adapted, even up to the day. Everyone is in the same boat.

wdwfan757

Hey good news... it's not a one time event!!!

The jabs about advance planning and Disney not releasing info about the START of a new event are just petty whining hiding under the guise of attacking hypocrisies.

You don't need to be there on the first day, and your plans can be adapted, even up to the day. Everyone is in the same boat.

Not to mention the riots by Passholder if fastpasses for it opened up beyond their 30 day window. The more last-minute it becomes, the less likely it is for casual visitors and once-in-a-life-timers to get in on it. So I've got no complaints.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 22. On the pathway around the lake, the construction walls were removed around the Thirsty River Bar building. The vegetation next to the building was removed and "themed concrete" pavement added to reduce the impact of this pedestrian chokepoint.

IMG_7591.JPG

In another area near the above photo, an extension of the curbing behind the construction wall has appeared. This appears to be an entry point (one of many) for the Rivers of Light seating area.

IMG_7588.JPG

Here is the seating area corresponding for the two buildings in the above photos.

IMG_7586.JPG

Last edited:

The_Jobu

Not to mention the riots by Passholder if fastpasses for it opened up beyond their 30 day window. The more last-minute it becomes, the less likely it is for casual visitors and once-in-a-life-timers to get in on it. So I've got no complaints.

Well, as long as it's ok with the lifestylers, then I'm relieved. Phew, that was close! Very audacious for some of us regular folk to have thoughts on a discussion forum and whip everyone into a frenzy.

bjm72385

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 22. On the pathway around the lake, the construction walls were removed around the Thirsty River Bar building. The vegetation next to the building was removed and "themed concrete" pavement added to reduce the impact of this pedestrian chokepoint.

View attachment 134902

In another area near the above photo, an extension of the curbing behind the construction wall has appeared. This appears to be an entry point (one of many) for the Rivers of Light seating area.

View attachment 134903

Here is the seating area corresponding for the two buildings in the above photos.

View attachment 134904
Looks like it could be the entrance for that handicapped ramp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom