New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Sped2424

Seriously though, I guarantee there will be a number of kids who see the stands around the water and think Jurassic world and start bawling in fear.

Quick! Where's the mickey balloons? No balloons, it's AK.
Look junior, it's a ride! Let's go on Dinosaur! <More screaming> OK, no dinos...
Everest!! It's safe... <More screaming>
Bug's life...<More screaming>
I don't know how to respond to this other than no. lol

Cesar R M

Not everyone goes to the night shows... So if we're talking Animal Kingdom, least visited park at Disney World (is it? Or is it DHS now? I don't know) I would say 15,000 capacity is decent. Now if it's only 2 shows at 10,000 it can be a bit more challenging... But let's get real.. Normally only the first Fantasmic show is full... I usually always went to the second show and it was always maybe 50% to 75% full at most.
Is this year around or only on "low season" ?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Not everyone goes to the night shows... So if we're talking Animal Kingdom, least visited park at Disney World (is it? Or is it DHS now? I don't know) I would say 15,000 capacity is decent. Now if it's only 2 shows at 10,000 it can be a bit more challenging... But let's get real.. Normally only the first Fantasmic show is full... I usually always went to the second show and it was always maybe 50% to 75% full at most.

I believe DAK has slightly moved ahead of the Studios in attendance. A lot of people who can't get into the first showing of Fantasmic wanted to see it but aren't willing to stay up (usually because they have little ones or the tummy hurts due to eating 17 pieces of grapefruit cake) for the second show. Most have seen Fantasmic by now. A good comparison would be the first 2 years of Fantasmic's run. Was it much harder to get a seat during that time?

Bolt

I believe DAK has slightly moved ahead of the Studios in attendance. A lot of people who can't get into the first showing of Fantasmic wanted to see it but aren't willing to stay up (usually because they have little ones or the tummy hurts due to eating 17 pieces of grapefruit cake) for the second show. Most have seen Fantasmic by now. A good comparison would be the first 2 years of Fantasmic's run. Was it much harder to get a seat during that time?
DAK usually has higher attendance than DHS because attendance is only marked one the first park you visit on a day. Most people will start at DAK because of early closing and then hop on the same day to DHS for a nighttime show.

Marlins1

The "first park visited" rule for attendance figures seems really strange to me. With the new nighttime offerings likely to change visitor patterns is it possible that more people will visit AK this year but the official attendance will decrease?
I know I plan to go at night in May and will probably make a brief stop at Epcot that morning. That means I won't have an official visit to AK this trip?

Bolt

The "first park visited" rule for attendance figures seems really strange to me. With the new nighttime offerings likely to change visitor patterns is it possible that more people will visit AK this year but the official attendance will decrease?
I know I plan to go at night in May and will probably make a brief stop at Epcot that morning. That means I won't have an official visit to AK this trip?
I assume Disney doesn't care about the estimates. It's not like they're losing money because you went to a different park first.

Marlins1

I assume Disney doesn't care about the estimates. It's not like they're losing money because you went to a different park first.
True and they obviously know which parks we visit and spend money at. Just seems ironic that the main purpose of our trip is to see the new stuff at AK and DS and our attendance will count at the other 3 parks.

KCL

Testing floats today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 296
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 288

jrhwdw

DAK usually has higher attendance than DHS because attendance is only marked one the first park you visit on a day. Most people will start at DAK because of early closing and then hop on the same day to DHS for a nighttime show.
Is this because MM+/FP+ meaning we don't have actual turnstiles anymore? Back when we had turnstiles, I would think each click or turn meant something at any time, whether you got to MK during the Welcome Show or SpectroMagic.

CaptainAmerica

The "first click" rule applies to internal Disney numbers. I don't believe it's used by the TEA attendance estimates, but I may be wrong.

Is this because MM+/FP+ meaning we don't have actual turnstiles anymore? Back when we had turnstiles, I would think each click or turn meant something at any time, whether you got to MK during the Welcome Show or SpectroMagic.
It has nothing to do with MM+, it's always been the case. It's simply to avoid double counting a park hopping guest as two guests. Total clicks are used for other purposes, including phased closing. It's incorrect to assume that first click is the ONLY thing that's ever considered or calculated. Total clicks are also tracked, they just don't equate to "attendance."

TTA94

Anyone know why the lotus flowers are out during park hours? What are they testing for? Or is this more to "get people talking"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom