New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Wikkler

That's funny because I find the theming in this theater - as with the rest of Africa and Asia - to be absolute top notch level theming. The lighting and speakers have been exceptionally handled on the Asia side. The Finding Nemo theater side is also themed to that side of the park. WDI didn't see it as breaking theme on that side of the theater to have more exposed lighting and speakers that are of a brighter color. That side of the theater is not in the Asia section of the park as it is on the other side of the bridge. And as far as the Asian side, there are indeed lighting rigs that have been hidden.
Some people say that the Dino side should be themed to Asia since it can be seen from the Asian side. Why not retheme Asia to Dino? Good grief.
That depends on what you call the meal between 3pm and 4pm.
Two-and-a-half-meal.

halltd

I personally think the speakers are very well done. They're long and slim and kinda blend into the support posts. They're the complete opposite of the speakers at the hub which are really wide and very noticeable. The Asia side is absolutely stunning...retractable lighting and all! I'm still not 100% sure why the Dinoland side is that color, but whatever. Overall, this whole project looks amazing!

NelsonRD

Nope. The fact is a fair number of people just don't agree with your viewpoint that this contains poor show elements.

And your last assumption about people just being satisfied because we are getting night time entertainment is also incorrect, at least on my part. I think this theater is incredible IMHO. You do not. And you not liking it is fine as it is your opinion. But don't tell me I am easily satisfied because of receiving some extra night time show. That is in no way an accurate statement.

I agree the theater looks good, and the show will most likely be amazing, I just expect better, by standards that Disney has set itself.

Cesar R M

I personally think the speakers are very well done. They're long and slim and kinda blend into the support posts. They're the complete opposite of the speakers at the hub which are really wide and very noticeable. The Asia side is absolutely stunning...retractable lighting and all! I'm still not 100% sure why the Dinoland side is that color, but whatever. Overall, this whole project looks amazing!
I actually think the same, but then.. the Nemo theatre is right behind that area. And it sports that color.
Still, clashes a lot with the brown of the seating area.

Then, these light bubble canons (fantasmic ones) on the NEMO side also look way too visible.
I dont think they will be firing backwards (like some of the fantasmic ones) or in a very big angle. They could have build something like the control tower on ASIA's side (smaller ones, like a castle or turrets) with a "porthole" to hide them.

CaptainAmerica

FWIW, when I checked park hours for my May trip this morning, Animal Kingdom was blank. I refreshed ten minutes later and it was back to 9:00 - 6:00. Not sure if that means anything.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Seriously though, I guarantee there will be a number of kids who see the stands around the water and think Jurassic world and start bawling in fear.

Quick! Where's the mickey balloons? No balloons, it's AK.
Look junior, it's a ride! Let's go on Dinosaur! <More screaming> OK, no dinos...
Everest!! It's safe... <More screaming>
Bug's life...<More screaming>

It was anticipation of this that caused my family to skip Jurassic World. No way I said to the missus are we taking the kids to a movie that will feature a theater that in some vague way could invoke the new theater they will build in DAK for the new nighttime spectacular. Really, you can't plan ahead enough with kids!

Flight Safety

I apologize if this has already been discussed here, but I didn't feel like going through 149 pages of mostly irrelevant posts. But does anyone know if there will be any type of PH preview or similar? I will be in the world for the SW Half 14th-19th and hoped we'd catch a show. Thanks!

Disney Analyst

It's official 2-3 shows a night as per the blog. Hours are still being worked out:cautious::rolleyes::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Here's the parks blog quote:

"Hi Everyone!

I know you all are so excited that this incredible theme park will be transitioning to a day-to-night park! It’s going to be amazing and I’m just as excited as you! Park hours have not been posted yet but the nighttime entertainment and activation is planned for April 22. Specific hours will be determined very soon. Please, don’t stress out and stay tuned!

Rivers of Light will be shown two to three times nightly, so everyone should be able to get a chance to see it when they are visiting the park. And while the Harambe Wildlife Parti will have the flavor of Harambe Nights, it will be available to everyone with regular park admission. No extra ticket is needed.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions. There will be so much more information coming out soon!

Raquel Giorgio on March 18, 2016 at 1:27 pm"

Disney Analyst

Not everyone goes to the night shows... So if we're talking Animal Kingdom, least visited park at Disney World (is it? Or is it DHS now? I don't know) I would say 15,000 capacity is decent. Now if it's only 2 shows at 10,000 it can be a bit more challenging... But let's get real.. Normally only the first Fantasmic show is full... I usually always went to the second show and it was always maybe 50% to 75% full at most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom