New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

ABQ

I checked the times of park closing the week ROL opens (when I will be there) and the park closes at either 6pm or 6:30pm. I was wondering if they will have multiple showings? and wondering if it will be once the park closes or will they show this while the park is still open?

Park hours can change
Further, and though those closing times seem rather early if this show is premiering that week, does not Epcot's closing time coincide with the start of Illuminations? Example, closing time is 9:30 and Illuminations runs at 9:30. So though I expect AK will tweak its hours that week to accommodate expected crowds, if closing time is listed at 6:30, a show can still start @ 6:30 as well. Or later.

DisneyRoy

Further, and though those closing times seem rather early if this show is premiering that week, does not Epcot's closing time coincide with the start of Illuminations? Example, closing time is 9:30 and Illuminations runs at 9:30. So though I expect AK will tweak its hours that week to accommodate expected crowds, if closing time is listed at 6:30, a show can still start @ 6:30 as well. Or later.

Except that sunset this time of year is not until about 8 PM. Can't really have much of a "nighttime entertainment" when it isn't nighttime yet. Park hours will be extended as we get closer and they announce more details.

TTA94

@marni1971 from all that you know, things you can't say, and with the cuts this show has received.. How would you rank this show compaired to the other nighttime shows?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 from all that you know, things you can't say, and with the cuts this show has received.. How would you rank this show compaired to the other nighttime shows?
Different. It'll suit the park I think but it won't be like other night time "spectaculars".

More of a large scale multimedia event as opposed to a whiz bang end of day spectacle.

ToTBellHop

Different. It'll suit the park I think but it won't be like other night time "spectaculars".

More of a large scale multimedia event as opposed to a whiz bang end of day spectacle.
And I think that's appropriate. We have three fireworks spectaculars and Fantasmic elsewhere. RoL should be artistic and beautiful to watch--perfect for DAK. Some will undoubtedly complain that it's not explosive enough.

I would suggest folks think of the middle four minutes of IllumiNations where there are no fireworks, but beautiful (though arguably too small and too far away) visuals with outstanding score. Imagine that, but closer with appropriate scale and longer than four minutes. People like my wife who call that portion a snooze-fest might be let-down by RoL, though I hope the fact that the imagery will be much closer to guests will make it more compelling. Those fountains way out in World Showcase Lagoon aren't terribly impressive due to their distance from guests.

TTA94

Was it even meant to be a big nighttime spectacular originally? We do know fireworks were never going to be in this show because of the animals.
Let's say if Illuminations did not have fireworks... How would you compare it then?

And what about the RoL soundtrack? Assuming you know anything about it. To me soundtracks play a major important role in a show.

djkidkaz

I think someone mentioned earlier that this night time spectacular might struggle due to their being no Disney music or characters. I think this is true. Illuminations has neither but they have fireworks which I think makes up a big difference for most people. I'm hoping it's amazing though as I want AK to have all the success it can for hope of continued investment.

ToTBellHop

I think someone mentioned earlier that this night time spectacular might struggle due to their being no Disney music or characters. I think this is true. Illuminations has neither but they have fireworks which I think makes up a big difference for most people. I'm hoping it's amazing though as I want AK to have all the success it can for hope of continued investment.
"If you build it, [they] will come."

If you can appreciate Kilimanjaro Safaris and DeVine, this should be up your alley.

ToTBellHop

Looks like the wannabe boy band member has found a way to sneak back
He's running out of options so he keeps coming back here when he's not

MrHappy

In terms of crowd flow throughout the day now at AK, what's everyone's opinions on the subject? I'm thinking that although now being hyped as "all day" folks will just arrive later in the day in order to catch the new night stuff - the evening hours will sponge up all the people, at least for the first several months of it's newness. Therefore, at least i'm hoping, that perhaps the mornings will be thinner. Sound about right?

brihow

I'm sure this has already been asked, but now with the opening date set at April 22nd, what do people think are the chances that it will 'soft open' early? I'm leaving on the 23rd, so I should be able to be there for the opening, but I'd feel better about getting a good spot if I could go earlier that week.

alissafalco

I'd be into a cool laser light fountain show with Disney music. Sounds good to me :)

RandySavage

One of the unmentionable WDW sites that begins W and ends with a T has a nice photo update on AK. Finishing touches on Serka Zong RoL buildings looking great.

Pics show massive land clearing behind the Tree of Life (on Discovery Island bank, Africa Gate side). Anyone know the story on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom