New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Imagineerwannabe

image.jpeg

Has anyone heard any announcements of the preview shows above which appeared on some uk forum pages today? Hard ticketed events for premium and regular preview shows.

Thought this may have been on the chat forum which was being held today?

note2001

Pay for a soft opening?

It gets lower.
Agreed, but Disney has yet to beat their attempt to charge folks to stand in line to be the first into their stores for the Star Wars merchandise last fall. Thankfully someone with some intelligence saw the collective response and put a stop to that one.

Assuming this event rumor is true:
We had read some good reviews of the parties Disney threw in AK last summer. I'd expect the first night with food & drink to be much like those parties with entertainment beyond the ROL show for the price tag quoted.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Pay for a soft opening?

It gets lower.

These seem ridiculous prices for a show you can watch for "free with park admission", but I wouldn't call it a soft opening. That usually refers to a test period and if they are charging I would hope the show is ready. It sounds like there won't be a true soft opening for RoL.
There will be people willing to pay I expect though, even at those stupid prices. and I imagine the bloggers will get an invite to the "media" invite for free as well.

mm52200

I don't see anything wrong with that honestly, if people want to pay to see the show before it opens then that's their choice but the show will be available for free for the general public starting April 22 nightly.

TTA94

So this will be similar to the Harambe Nights event? Which is interesting because that cost even more for the premium event.. Anyway how fast did those sell out? And what was the ticket purchase process like? Same as purchasing MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Pay for a soft opening?

It gets lower.

Wait until they start charging for the opportunity to buy tickets for an event.

"For only $25.00, you can purchase an opportunity to buy tickets (at $75.00 each) to a once-in-a-lifetime event. But get in early, your chance to purchase a chance to get tickets is going quick."​

The sad thing is, people might actually still buy in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom