New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Matt_Black

. Any flame throwers?

The kids LOVE that one.

62abef47301dbccdae047b0c5c5b80.png

TTA94

So the main large water or mist screen we've seen in the concept art will actually be this?

In this testing video you can see it during the whale scene.

Something else I noticed is that it appears they will be projecting onto the trees around the viewing area as well? And I also hope the fog effect hasn't been cut... Which I fear could have happened.

Last edited:

robonakabob

Could those lanyards be for the dining packages? I know it was in the description that dining package guests would get a lanyard as part of it.
Correct, they are all CM exclusive for now, beginning on March 10th. The lanyards are used for holding company IDs..

RSoxNo1

So the main large water or mist screen we've seen in the concept art will actually be this?

In this testing video you can see it during the whale scene.

Something else I noticed is that it appears they will be projecting onto the trees around the viewing area as well? And I also hope the fog effect hasn't been cut... Which I fear could have happened.

I still that's a guy with his thumb over the end of a garden hose.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'll be interested to see how this affects traffic patterns of people and things like busses in general. Everything operationally about this park will change when this show opens, pretty crazy!!!

Could we be looking at exiting traffic jams at the end of the day for the first time in the park's history?

They could have a DCA style shock. At least the parking lot was designed to exit with no stopping and the Victory / Osceola split grade junction alterations will help this park as well as DHS.

It'll certainly be odd regularly walking back to the car under street lighting.

Last edited:

twebber55

They could have a DCA style shock. At least the parking lot was designed to exit with no stopping and the Victory / Osceola split grade junction alterations will help this park as well as DHS.

It'll certainly be odd regularly walking back to the car under street lighting.
probably a good thing this park is building in phases and not opening Pandora and the ROL all at once

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
probably a good thing this park is building in phases and not opening Pandora and the ROL all at once
Well it wasn't going to happen all at once was it! Otherwise RoL may have ended up being a few twinkle lights. Whilst the show has been scaled back it should still satisfy the parks need for a nighttime multimedia show. The worry is still will there be a perceived gap in offerings from late afternoon until dusk. You know, for those guests who still expect it to be not a zoo?

alissafalco

I checked the times of park closing the week ROL opens (when I will be there) and the park closes at either 6pm or 6:30pm. I was wondering if they will have multiple showings? and wondering if it will be once the park closes or will they show this while the park is still open?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom