New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
‘Rivers of Light’ Live Chat Set for March 8 at 1:15 p.m.
aa89e1fd793e4eed52553813f14c340f

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort
As we shared earlier, “Rivers of Light,” Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s first-ever night-time show will officially debut April 22 – and this show is truly shaping up to be spectacular!

To learn more about the work going on behind the scenes at the show, we’ll host a #DisneyParksLIVE chat right here on the Disney Parks Blog on Tuesday, March 8 at 1:15 p.m. with two of the show’s creative team members, Michael Jung and Mark Renfrow. They’ll be ready and waiting to answer your questions about the show’s theming, storyline, technology, staging, music and much more. And of course, it wouldn’t be a #DisneyParksLIVE event without a surprise or two.
We’re already taking questions here in the comments section (and will continue to do so through live chat time on Tuesday). We’ll get to as many questions as possible during the chat, so please ask away!

Since we are so close to the opening I am hoping that this chat turns out to be better then the previous Imagineer chats they have done.

CJR

Have they given a clue to the time? I would assume it'll be 8:30pm or 9pm, but you never know. If it's around that timeframe, I might just go check it out that night. Any earlier and it wouldn't be possible due to having to get down I-4.

I'm excited to see this, it looks to be the most original thing at Walt Disney World in years!

tnemgif

Have they given a clue to the time? I would assume it'll be 8:30pm or 9pm, but you never know. If it's around that timeframe, I might just go check it out that night. Any earlier and it wouldn't be possible due to having to get down I-4.

I'm excited to see this, it looks to be the most original thing at Walt Disney World in years!
A glitch on the MDE app revealed that there will be 3 showings per night. I imagine that the latest show would have to start fairly late.

brb1006

Having read Disney's descriptions of the show https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/ my expectations are now sky-high.

"Showstopping features include nearly 100 Asian lanterns, undulating hues of larger-than-life animal spirits and floating vessels awash in brilliant radiance. Powerful fountain jets erupting like embers from a fire and a 28-foot-tall Temple Lotus"
This must be Disney's real-life version of the see the light scene from Tangled but with Asian lanterns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom