New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

beachlover4444

i doubt the show will be fast pass only if they are doing three shows
I doubt they would ever make anything FP only shutting out those who can get fast passes. The stadium doesnt look that large though from what I could make of it 2 weeks ago. Who said they will be doing 3 shows? I hope so that would be nice. I am going mid April and praying they may be showing it by then. It looks amazing. I know the end of April AK is closed out to castmembers because of earth day celebrations.

Rteetz

I doubt they would ever make anything FP only shutting out those who can get fast passes. The stadium doesnt look that large though from what I could make of it 2 weeks ago. Who said they will be doing 3 shows? I hope so that would be nice. I am going mid April and praying they may be showing it by then. It looks amazing. I know the end of April AK is closed out to castmembers because of earth day celebrations.
I can definitely see them making something FP only, I don't see them doing it with this show though.

Three shows popped up when what looked like dining packages were leaked on MDE accidentally.

The rumor is the show will be starting April 18th.

Cast members are not blocked out due to earth day celebrations they are blocked out because of the opening of rivers of light, and night time safaris.

TTA94

Seems like having this show Not be FP+ only would be a nightmare. That would lead to campers and craziness. Waay to small of a viewing area.

ToTBellHop

Let's not forget there are viewing areas from outside the seating area; on the regular walk ways
Most of that space will remain walkway. Can't have mobs of people stopped on the narrow DAK walkways. The expectation is that most guests will preschedule seating for one of the three shows. I do understand there will be some Stand-By space, too.

Jon81uk

I think it will be like Fantasmic and Word of Colour at Disneyland, the expectation is that most guests get a FastPass or dining package. I expect standby to be very very limited, unless not all the FPs are distributed.

ToTBellHop

I think it will be like Fantasmic and Word of Colour at Disneyland, the expectation is that most guests get a FastPass or dining package. I expect standby to be very very limited, unless not all the FPs are distributed.
It will be limited. DAK doesn't have the space to hold thousands of waiting guests. I wouldn't be surprised if the ratio was about 4000 pre-scheduled, 1000 Stand-By per show.

Jon81uk

Having read Disney's descriptions of the show https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/ my expectations are now sky-high.

"Showstopping features include nearly 100 Asian lanterns, undulating hues of larger-than-life animal spirits and floating vessels awash in brilliant radiance. Powerful fountain jets erupting like embers from a fire and a 28-foot-tall Temple Lotus"

olie64

I know most think it will be opening soon, but when I called Monday to ask something about a free upgrade to Park hopper , the lady said that the dinning packages where up on her computer but she had to transfer me to dinning to do it. I get to dinning and he like yeah I can do that, then after about two minutes he come back and says sorry that not available yet.

edit, I got some code in the mail for the free upgrade, guess they are could unique codes now.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 1. Hand rails have been installed in the aisles. In the two photos below, notice the aluminum benches in the upper seating areas have been painted a dark brown.

IMG_7460.JPG

In the below photo, notice the new decorative structure on top of the show's main control building on the right (red oval). All of the globe lights on top of the buildings have been hidden, either by retraction of the globe lights, or the height of the building walls (see yellow circle on left). The tops of two globe lights can just barely be seen.

IMG_7461.JPG

Here are some close-ups of the decorative structure on top of the show main control building.

IMG_7467.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

All of the globe lights on top of the buildings have been hidden, either by retraction of the globe lights, or the height of the building walls. This is the view from the pathway behind the building of the two globe lights circled in yellow in the previous photo.

IMG_7465.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Photo update as of Tuesday, March 1. Hand rails have been installed in the aisles. In the two photos below, notice the aluminum benches in the upper seating areas have been painted a dark brown.

View attachment 132907

In the below photo, notice the new decorative structure on top of the show's main control building on the right (red oval). All of the globe lights on top of the buildings have been hidden, either by retraction of the globe lights, or the height of the building walls (see yellow circle on left). The tops of two globe lights can just barely be seen.

View attachment 132912

Here are some close-ups of the decorative structure on top of the show main control building.

View attachment 132909

View attachment 132910

All of the globe lights on top of the buildings have been hidden, either by retraction of the globe lights, or the height of the building walls. This is the view from the pathway behind the building of the two globe lights circled in yellow in the previous photo.

View attachment 132911
Thank you

Goofyque'

View attachment 132907

View attachment 132912

View attachment 132909

View attachment 132910

View attachment 132911
Yay! Pictures! Thanks so very much! Looks Awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom