New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 1. Hand rails have been installed in the aisles. In the two photos below, notice the aluminum benches in the upper seating areas have been painted a dark brown.

View attachment 132907

In the below photo, notice the new decorative structure on top of the show's main control building on the right (red oval). All of the globe lights on top of the buildings have been hidden, either by retraction of the globe lights, or the height of the building walls (see yellow circle on left). The tops of two globe lights can just barely be seen.

View attachment 132912

Here are some close-ups of the decorative structure on top of the show main control building.

View attachment 132909

View attachment 132910

All of the globe lights on top of the buildings have been hidden, either by retraction of the globe lights, or the height of the building walls. This is the view from the pathway behind the building of the two globe lights circled in yellow in the previous photo.

View attachment 132911
It's coming together very nicely.

TTA94

I keep hearing about extra cost, hard ticket previews the weekend of the April 16th followed by soft openings and the official opening.. How true this is idk at the moment.

Overall I expect a post from the parks blog very soon especially now that RoL is listed on the official website.

flyerjab

Just...wow...

"As sunlight fades and the stars begin their twinkle, remember the instinctual feeling that we are all bound together by earth and spirit—past, present and future. Listen as the lagoon responds to the whispers of the world, cradling creatures with a symphony that swells with wild murmurs and shimmering secrets of the universe.

So begins a new light—a vibrant awakening of flitting fireflies leading a legion of lanterns cascading in a ceremonious procession across the water. With a single chime, there falls a hush—and in its place steps Shamans bearing benevolent gifts of light. These storytellers promise to paint the night with visual wonders, enticing you to join them on a marvelous journey.

Before your eyes, clusters of lantern light shift and shape into animal spirit forms—the Tiger, Turtle, Elephant and Owl. The Shamans call upon the Temple Lotus who materializes along with her 4 sisters, each bursting forth with dazzling fountains of water and light. These mystic hosts work in harmony to captivate your senses, conjuring stunning imagery of animals from across the world in a musical performance that can only be described as dreamlike. Spellbound, you are transported across Asian jungles and tropical oceans to African savannas and North American mountains.

Your journey culminates in a triumphant blend of music, light, color and earthly elements. The Aurora Borealis, in its magical splendor, springs with unbridled joy as a menagerie of animals transcend above the cosmos, becoming glittering star constellations in the heavens. Immersed within a grand celestial finale, you are bestowed with an inspirational message of peace and oneness with nature."

ToTBellHop

Just...wow...

"As sunlight fades and the stars begin their twinkle, remember the instinctual feeling that we are all bound together by earth and spirit—past, present and future. Listen as the lagoon responds to the whispers of the world, cradling creatures with a symphony that swells with wild murmurs and shimmering secrets of the universe.

So begins a new light—a vibrant awakening of flitting fireflies leading a legion of lanterns cascading in a ceremonious procession across the water. With a single chime, there falls a hush—and in its place steps Shamans bearing benevolent gifts of light. These storytellers promise to paint the night with visual wonders, enticing you to join them on a marvelous journey.

Before your eyes, clusters of lantern light shift and shape into animal spirit forms—the Tiger, Turtle, Elephant and Owl. The Shamans call upon the Temple Lotus who materializes along with her 4 sisters, each bursting forth with dazzling fountains of water and light. These mystic hosts work in harmony to captivate your senses, conjuring stunning imagery of animals from across the world in a musical performance that can only be described as dreamlike. Spellbound, you are transported across Asian jungles and tropical oceans to African savannas and North American mountains.

Your journey culminates in a triumphant blend of music, light, color and earthly elements. The Aurora Borealis, in its magical splendor, springs with unbridled joy as a menagerie of animals transcend above the cosmos, becoming glittering star constellations in the heavens. Immersed within a grand celestial finale, you are bestowed with an inspirational message of peace and oneness with nature."
Sounds like quite the spectacle.

flyerjab

I'm happy to see that as well, however, those bright green light and speaker poles on the dinoland side are still a bit unsightly. Wish they'd paint them a better "go away" color.

I also like that they took the time to hide the lights and blend in the bench seating better. The concerned reactions of that early on reminded me of when they were building the new Lion King theater and the air unit on top was visible. Several posters were complaining about how cheap Disney was in not hiding it...and then they did eventually.

As far as the Dinoland side theming goes, I agree that it doesn't look as nice. The light posts really stick out, but I get why they are doing it. The theming is in line with that side of the park (Dinoland - everyone's favorite ;)). I still think that everything is being done exceptionally well for this project. That particular decision comes down to aesthetics.

jakeman

I keep hearing about extra cost, hard ticket previews the weekend of the April 16th followed by soft openings and the official opening.. How true this is idk at the moment.

Overall I expect a post from the parks blog very soon especially now that RoL is listed on the official website.
If you are hearing that from here then it's from one poster who is a known falsifier of information and has been warned by the mods.

If you are hearing it from somewhere within Disney, then do tell!

jakeman

I have heard this too. Time will tell. And soon.
Hard ticket previews? If that's the case and that's what it is limited to, then have at it Disney. That should rather efficiently weed out the locals who go to everything. I've got no desire to pay for a beta test of a water show that's probably going to be here for a decade or more.

ToTBellHop

‘Rivers of Light’ Live Chat Set for March 8 at 1:15 p.m.
aa89e1fd793e4eed52553813f14c340f

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort
As we shared earlier, “Rivers of Light,” Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s first-ever night-time show will officially debut April 22 – and this show is truly shaping up to be spectacular!

To learn more about the work going on behind the scenes at the show, we’ll host a #DisneyParksLIVE chat right here on the Disney Parks Blog on Tuesday, March 8 at 1:15 p.m. with two of the show’s creative team members, Michael Jung and Mark Renfrow. They’ll be ready and waiting to answer your questions about the show’s theming, storyline, technology, staging, music and much more. And of course, it wouldn’t be a #DisneyParksLIVE event without a surprise or two.
We’re already taking questions here in the comments section (and will continue to do so through live chat time on Tuesday). We’ll get to as many questions as possible during the chat, so please ask away!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom