New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

flyerjab

After seeing the preview video and reading the description on the parks blog, isn't this the sort of Disney 'thing' that so many people on this site have been clambering for? A truly original attraction that is not built upon the foundation of a latest and greatest popular IP. This is like Illuminations for me - a park-stopping spectacle that the Imagineers have put their heart and soul into, and something that is truly unique and creative. I hear that there will be DisneyNature footage that is being used, but how much better is that than something akin to a popular reindeer from Frozen?

Bartattack

woohoo! I'm there from May 1 - 20... can't wait to see this! (maybe even with some luck we'll get a chance to ride Frozen... and see some area's of the Disney Springs towncenter). fingers crossed!

Will the nighttime safari and entertainment also open when ROL starts?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's not a proper "theater" though, right? I was under the impression it would be visible outside of the seating itself.

I just re-did the measurement and it's not as bad as I originally thought. ROL appears to have around .5 acres of seating, and Fantasmic has .88 acres.

Your point has been discussed a few times around here and I think the consensus is that there isn't a lot of areas around the lagoon where you could stand and get a clear view. Definitely not as much as you get for Illuminations. As @MansionButler84, I think this was designed around the amphitheater seating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom