Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

trainplane3

Odd flashing red lights on the WW3 barge? Reminds me of a landing strip sorta.
IMG_20181023_185023.jpg

trainplane3

Still processing but you can see the lights:

Related to any special "things", @marni1971? Only happening on that single barge, no others. Typical firework boat activity, I think, as well.

Last edited:

MouseBrayden

Just curious... was there “public” mention of Kappa and Spark somewhere or did you hear about them from your own private source(s)?

I broke it yesterday in a video.

Reports of Project Spark being cancelled are FALSE. Project Spark will immediately replace Illuminations end-of-summer 2019 and is currently planned to run for 8 months. Sources expect it'll run for at least 12-14 months with Kappa coming in time for the 2020 holiday season.

Spark is happening because the Kappa project requires infrastructure that can't even begin construction until the conclusion of Illuminations and with the waterfront dining revenue there must be a spectacular running in between Illuminations & Kappa.

This is what is happening as of 10/24/18 internally. If I sound confident it's because I have material evidence of both projects and their current states but obviously I can't share those without compromising sources, so you can take it as rumor for now, but Project Spark is going to be AWESOME!

Attachments

• epcotfireworkshowtimeline-wdwmagic1.jpg
    epcotfireworkshowtimeline-wdwmagic1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

jrhwdw

I broke it yesterday in a video.

Reports of Project Spark being cancelled are FALSE. Project Spark will immediately replace Illuminations end-of-summer 2019 and is currently planned to run for 8 months. Sources expect it'll run for at least 12-14 months with Kappa coming in time for the 2020 holiday season.

Spark is happening because the Kappa project requires infrastructure that can't even begin construction until the conclusion of Illuminations and with the waterfront dining revenue there must be a spectacular running in between Illuminations & Kappa.

This is what is happening as of 10/24/18 internally. If I sound confident it's because I have material evidence of both projects and their current states but obviously I can't share those without compromising sources, so you can take it as rumor for now, but Project Spark is going to be AWESOME!
If Spark is so Awesome, might EPCOT keep it instead?

MouseBrayden

If Spark is so Awesome, might EPCOT keep it instead?

That's what's unfortunate if things proceed as currently planned. The reason Project Spark is happening (providing Kappa time to build infrastructure) will also be its demise in the end once the Kappa stuff is ready to go 8-12 months later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom