Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

VJ

So, the Tomorrowland hint of inspiring... Is Figment coming to TL, too?

Figment... everywhere!!
I heard from my exclusive secret source OC do not steal that the new IllumiNations interim show will be called Rising Spires and will have spires that rise out of the lagoon as part of the show. It's part of a push by Disney to have as many spires in its Walt Disney World theme parks as possible because, as Walt Disney said, inspiration is at the heart of all creation.

jaxonp

I belive fountains will still be barge based.

Are the fountains on the Lotus Flowers floats in ROL similar to what WOC uses in terms of lighting and movement the same as what is used on the Barges in ROE? Because, to me, they don't seem near as good but they are also much further away from the audience than say then the Lotus Flowers are.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are the fountains on the Lotus Flowers floats in ROL similar to what WOC uses in terms of lighting and movement the same as what is used on the Barges in ROE? Because, to me, they don't seem near as good but they are also much further away from the audience than say then the Lotus Flowers are.
All three are different technologies. WoC and RoL share some similarities.

RoE fountains can be traced back to 1984. 1982 at a push.

Last edited:

Stripes

According to Robert Niles from Theme Park Insider:
Disney has ordered the installation of LED panels on the south face of Spaceship Earth, which will become part of the new World Showcase lagoon show, once Illuminations closes after next summer.

JJJ

Odd choice. Projection mapping is much more cost effective at such a scale, especially considering maintenance when an LED dies.
This could be very wrong, but I thought the big advantage to LEDs is their insanely long life span, while projectors have bulbs they have to be replaced every few months, or even sooner with heavy use. But this still is odd, as other nighttime shows and entire attractions depend on projections. Maybe it's something to do with the texture of the surface? But they did that death star projection for rogue one.

TTA94

I belive fountains will still be barge based.

Boooo lol. Hopefully I’m wrong but just having fountains on 4 barges won’t be as impressive as a mass amount like WoC. I don’t find RoLs fountains to be that impressive and I’m assuming the new Illuminations will be similar in terms of barges, just not flowers.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe the cages on the barges are there to contain the sharks...

You know -- the ones with the lasers on their heads...
1540601609778.png

Marc Davis Fan

According to Robert Niles from Theme Park Insider:

"Disney has ordered the installation of LED panels on the south face of Spaceship Earth, which will become part of the new World Showcase lagoon show, once Illuminations closes after next summer."

This would seem to add credence to the idea that there will indeed be a Project Spark interim show. (Or, I suppose, these panels could also be part of the "Project Spark as Plan B that may or may not actually happen, depending on the progress with Project Kappa.") Because there's no way LED panels would be made into a permanent part of the SSE building... (unless the LED lights are on the insides of the tiles, and project outwards onto the surfaces of the tiles around them)?

EvilChameleon

I could see the panels as a replacement for the stuff that is laser-projected onto SSE after shows, but not for stuff during shows, because the only people who would be able to see it will be those on the opposite side of the lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom