• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

RSoxNo1

Advertisement
The land being cleared next to Japan is for Japan's new restaurant.
The land clearing at Japan might be for the new restaurant.
The new restaurant should be using part of Mitsukoshi if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure MisterPenguin is correct.

danlb_2000

@danlb_2000 There was a notice for work on the Mexico boat dock area. Do we think this is related to the new show or just general dock refurbishment?
Was just looking for this thread to post about this. The contractor and 2026 expiration date are consistent with the other permits that are related to the new show, so I would say this one is also.

9/11/2018 - Epcot - Balfour Beatty Construction Llc
Showcase Boat Dock East, 1678 Avenue of the Stars #C - Team to bring additional power and data to the existing Epoct Mexico Dock

lentesta

Premium Member
Was just looking for this thread to post about this. The contractor and 2026 expiration date are consistent with the other permits that are related to the new show, so I would say this one is also.

Showcase Boat Dock East, 1678 Avenue of the Stars #C - Team to bring additional power and data to the existing Epoct Mexico Dock
The 2026 completion date is just to hide the actual construction schedule, right? They can put almost anything they want there.

danlb_2000

The 2026 completion date is just to hide the actual construction schedule, right? They can put almost anything they want there.
The date on the Notice of Commencement is when work must be complete and the contractor paid. On a project this size I would assume payment and schedule have been worked out in a contract with the contractor, so yes, they could put on any date they want. With the date being so unreasonably far in the future it's very possible it is being done to hide the schedule.

briangaw

I think I remember seeing that there is a show control station on that dock or at least a show director spot?

jrhwdw

He hinted Sept 30, 2019.
Martin said that ROE previewed on Sept 30. I think he was talking about Sept 30, 1999
All I can say is Thank Walt that they gave us more than a week's notice!
I don't remember when MK announced CADCT's closing date but FOF was Announced end of April 2013. I know because a week later was my vacation to say goodbye to CADCT!

It wasn't very long but HEA was announced In February 2017, so a good deal of time before Wishes ended.

Top Bottom