Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They sure did push Reflections on their vacation planning video this year. My wife and I watched it last night as she's never been to WDW and doesn't really have a good concept of exactly how huge it is. There were many attractions/shows they never mentioned, but they mentioned RoE twice, with the second mention featuring quite a bit of footage of the fireworks. Whatever this interim show is, it had better be something pretty spectacular.
Quite often somewhere like advertising won’t know the plans from somewhere like ops or entertainment. They only broadly have access to what’s available when material is produced, and even then what’s popular over the last year or "needs promoting".

As an aside, tests continue to be conducted in Orlando.

geekza

Quite often somewhere like advertising won’t know the plans from somewhere like ops or entertainment. They only broadly have access to what’s available when material is produced, and even then what’s popular over the last year or "needs promoting".
I hear you. I used to work at Amazon leading a team that handled Kindle calls. We used to find out about the new devices when customers started calling in asking about them. We had to tell our CSA's to just go to the page for them on the site and get answers to questions from there.

trainplane3

As an aside, tests continue to be conducted in Orlando.
Anything that could be possibly seen/heard from outside the park around the Boardwalk area?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So just Light tests now? hopefully pyro tests will be coming.
Oooooh, interesting!

Without knowing anything, I'd guess low level lights/lasers, fountains, or drones. And that's if they're testing outside. For all we know, they could be testing in a warehouse on property. Also, I thought I saw somewhere that drones weren't meant for this show.
Will this interm show have fountains and lighting/lasers or will that be more for the big 50th show?
Hope you’ll understand I shouldn’t say more details for now. I will say dates and timeframes (and interim show) are still fluid.

nickys

Premium Member
Something that can be rehearsed in Orlando that isn't fireworks is... drones.

Or they could just be running computer simulations of the fireworks at the moment. Get everything else working first, add the fireworks into the equation later. A lot cheaper that way.

I agree though, it’s bound to have drones. Not a huge fan of them - yet!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
it hasn't been disclosed if the current pyro barges will be reused (meaning the pryo might be incompatible with the current barges or not give the desired effect with the current barges). Also it's probably easier to test after park close

Anything with lights or flames being used at night would be noted by folks in the nearby resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom