Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Rteetz

How long is this? Any chance someone can post the content..... for some reason the Orlando Sentinel still blocks access from Europe. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
At a meeting Wednesday, the Reedy Creek Improvement District voted to set a nearly $1.8 million preliminary budget for “electrical upgrades” at the lagoon and also approved $325,000 to buy materials, including transformers and switches. An addition $220,000 was set aside for engineering and construction inspection and survey work.
Reedy Creek, which is Disney’s government and provides services a typical municipality might handle such as roads and utility work, did not elaborate further on why the work was happening.
“I don’t know the details what they’re going to use it for, but that’s the request,” said Jason Herrick, manager for planning and engineering for Reedy Creek Energy Services, when he presented the two budget items during Wednesday’s meeting.

AJDMB05

I had it in my head that I was going to be there for the last show, but it seems like they didn't do anything special for the last showing of Wishes, was just a more diehard crowd with people singing along at the end. I guess I don't need to stress over being there on the last night if there's no special tag ala the holiday shows, etc?

brb1006

interesting_reaction_nightmare_before_christmas.gif

Gringrinngghost

How long is this? Any chance someone can post the content..... for some reason the Orlando Sentinel still blocks access from Europe. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
The lagoon at Epcot where Disney World shoots off fireworks for its nightly IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth show is getting electrical work worth more than $2 million.

Could that signal changes are happening?

Speculation has circulated this year that something might replace the longtime Epcot show that has entertained visitors since 1999 and features a 350,000-pound Earth Globe.

“At any given time, we have numerous projects in varied stages of development across the Walt Disney World resort, and we have nothing to share at this time,” a Disney spokeswoman said in a statement when asked for comment.

But construction work on the lagoon is moving forward.

At a meeting Wednesday, the Reedy Creek Improvement District voted to set a nearly $1.8 million preliminary budget for “electrical upgrades” at the lagoon and also approved $325,000 to buy materials, including transformers and switches. An addition $220,000 was set aside for engineering and construction inspection and survey work.

Reedy Creek, which is Disney’s government and provides services a typical municipality might handle such as roads and utility work, did not elaborate further on why the work was happening.

“I don’t know the details what they’re going to use it for, but that’s the request,” said Jason Herrick, manager for planning and engineering for Reedy Creek Energy Services, when he presented the two budget items during Wednesday’s meeting.

The construction will involve drilling new pipe from the American Adventure Pavilion into one of the islands on the lagoon.

It is too early to set a timeline for the project, Herrick said after the meeting. He said he expects to know more in the next four to five months.

It was one of several projects discussed Wednesday as Reedy Creek was busy handling several infrastructure projects to support Walt Disney World’s ride and resort expansions.

Reedy Creek also approved among other items:

• $1.022 million preliminary budget for electrical services and $415,000 natural gas services for “Project H,” which is thought to be the new Star Wars hotel at Hollywood Studios. “We’ve [Reedy Creek] known about it for about two years,” Herrick said about “Project H.”
  • $675,000 for water services for “Project MI,” thought to be the new ride for “Ratatouille” at Epcot.
  • $301,224 for a contract for water services to Harper Limbach for “Project S,” thought to be “Guardians of the Galaxy” roller coaster at Epcot.
$1.022 million preliminary budget for electrical services and $415,000 natural gas services for “Project H,” which is thought to be the new Star Wars hotel at Hollywood Studios. “We’ve [Reedy Creek] known about it for about two years,” Herrick said about “Project H.”

$675,000 for water services for “Project MI,” thought to be the new ride for “Ratatouille” at Epcot.

$301,224 for a contract for water services to Harper Limbach for “Project S,” thought to be “Guardians of the Galaxy” roller coaster at Epcot.

$1.022 million preliminary budget for electrical services and $415,000 natural gas services for “Project H,” which is thought to be the new Star Wars hotel at Hollywood Studios. “We’ve [Reedy Creek] known about it for about two years,” Herrick said about “Project H.”

$675,000 for water services for “Project MI,” thought to be the new ride for “Ratatouille” at Epcot.

$301,224 for a contract for water services to Harper Limbach for “Project S,” thought to be “Guardians of the Galaxy” roller coaster at Epcot.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Costs are exactly inline with a utility service entrance installation of a three phase pad transformer similar to the one shown below. While I'm sure that it will be useful for anything future related, I think the article speculates heavily on the significance.

2000amptrans.jpg

Last edited:

JayKZ

"Wishes" final show was announced months in advance. DisneyParks live streamed it a few weeks before it ended, and as I recall the last show was live streamed as well. Wishes ended two days before my daughter's wedding, and she and her bridesmaids, most of whom were former Disney CPs, had a Pizza and Wishes party. The warmup act was the Clifflix video of RoE. Everybody sang along. Tears were shed. Hoping RoE will still be there for our November visit. We'll be sad is we miss it, wistful if we see it. We go on.

Gringrinngghost

High
School
Musical
^
Project High
Project School
Project Musical

Sorry. lol
Damaged minds thing alike.

"Wishes" final show was announced months in advance. DisneyParks live streamed it a few weeks before it ended, and as I recall the last show was live streamed as well. Wishes ended two days before my daughter's wedding, and she and her bridesmaids, most of whom were former Disney CPs, had a Pizza and Wishes party. The warmup act was the Clifflix video of RoE. Everybody sang along. Tears were shed. Hoping RoE will still be there for our November visit. We'll be sad is we miss it, wistful if we see it. We go on.

I streamed the last show of Wishes. Disney didnt. HEA premiere they did.

trainplane3

Costs are exactly inline with a utility service entrance installation of a three phase pad transformer similar to the one shown below. While I'm sure that it will be useful for anything future related, I think the article speculates heavily on the significance.

2000amptrans.jpg
Transformers are coming to Epcot! Obviously they're going to build a giant box in the middle of WS and cram a ride into it.

Monorail_Red_77

Oh absolutely. IIRC a lot of the legacy DCM controllers (touchscreens) and GPRCS that ran the original EPCOT attractions were replaced as they failed because they couldn’t be replaced since parts weren’t available. Same for the Small World lighting system. But we digress!

As a side point to this. I personally have seen the lighting boxes for Haunted Mansion for example. Rather than go with new lighting fixtures they were retrofitted with LED into the old 2,000 watt bulb lighting boxes. Since otherwise it would have required new evaluations, specs, etc. Even the old boxes were pretty amazing for their time. They could automatically replaced burned out bulb as the fixture held two light bulbs. Pretty amazing stuff to see. This person is still working on this as there are several old fixtures being used as backups that are still being worked on. Not sure what these boxes are really called but they have Walt Disney Imagineering all over them. Talk about geeking out when I saw them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom